RemedySpot.com

Re: Making oleander soup--long

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes. If you have enough oleander cuttings to do that. Whatever size pot you have, just make sure the water covers the oleander by an inch or two. If you only have a little pot, or a big pot and a little bit of oleander, make sure the cuttings are covered with water. If it scorches it is no good. This usually only happens when people are trying to simmer the soup down to make the creams with. Otherwise, you still want enough water in the pot so that the leaves don't stick and burn at the bottom of the pot.

If people have a big oleander bush, they usually make a big pot of the soup. They will cut a full paper grocery bag of cuttings, which just about fills a big soup pot (I have a canning kettle that I used). Because if you make this one big batch, then you have enough soup for a year or longer. By preserving with alcohol or apple cider vinegar the soup will last at least 3 years. So, by making a bigger pot of soup you only have to make it once to last a very long time.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Do I understand correctly that you must fill the pot(less 2 inches ) with the oleander cuttings?

Guest guest

Thanks, I will probably try it. I Have a few oleander in my yard.It sounds like great immune booster. IN NCGaiacita <gaiacita@...> wrote: Yes. If you have enough oleander cuttings to do that. Whatever size

pot you have, just make sure the water covers the oleander by an inch or two. If you only have a little pot, or a big pot and a little bit of oleander, make sure the cuttings are covered with water. If it scorches it is no good. This usually only happens when people are trying to simmer the soup down to make the creams with. Otherwise, you still want enough water in the pot so that the leaves don't stick and burn at the bottom of the pot. If people have a big oleander bush, they usually make a big pot of the soup. They will cut a full paper grocery bag of cuttings, which just about fills a big soup pot (I have a canning kettle that I used). Because if you make this one big batch, then you have enough soup for a year or longer. By preserving with alcohol or apple cider vinegar the soup will last at least 3

years. So, by making a bigger pot of soup you only have to make it once to last a very long time. Samala, -------Original Message------- Do I understand correctly that you must fill the pot(less 2 inches ) with the oleander cuttings? __________________________________________________