RemedySpot.com

Oleander soup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've been on a list for oleander soup, which is an anti-cancer and super immune booster that you can make yourself--or buy if you don't live where oleander grows. But even some people on the list that live in the north buy an oleander plant and keep it in a large pot, bringing it indoors in the winter, so that they have this fantastic plant to make the soup with.

Now, for those of you that don't know about oleander, it is actually a super strong poison. It has been said that people have died from eating hot dogs that were threaded onto oleander branches and cooked over a campfire. How true that story is or not, I don't know for sure, but I do know that oleander is considered very poisonous.

But when you boil it for at least 6 hours, the chemicals that make it poisonous are rendered inert. What you are left with is supposedly the world's strongest immune booster. I had thought that the oleander didn't actually kill cancer cells, and just boosted the immune so much that it did its job and killed them, but I have just read an article that says the oleander actually kills cells. Here's a part of the article

In a study published recently in peer reviewed journals, an aqueous extract of the oleander plant was found to induce and increase autophagy in pancreatic cancer cells. Autophagy is a process in which a cell destroys proteins and other substances in its cytoplasm (the fluid inside the cell membrane but outside the nucleus), which may lead to cell death, as happened in the study with pancreatic cancer cells. The study was led by noted MD researcher Doctor Newman, the lead research scientist in a number of important studies on oleander and oleander compounds and can be found online at:(link left out by me)

The new study appears to provide yet another important piece of evidence in understanding why oleander has proven to be successful against many forms of cancer. In previous studies, oleander extracts have been shown to 1) inhibit angiogenesis, the process where cancer produces blood vessels and spreads, 2) inhibit the NF-kB factor in cancer cells, which is the process that cells use to protect themselves when they come under attack, 3) induce apoptosis, or normal cell death, in cancer cells, and 4) greatly stimulate immune activity.

If you want to read the whole article go tohttp://www.tbyil.com/autophagy.htm

Oleander is highly successful against pancreatic cancer, which few things touch, and it crosses the blood brain barrier so is also good at killing brain cancers.

Such a simple thing to make and have on hand. I don't have any oleander bushes in my yard (but I'm getting some!) so I went on my local freecycle list and asked to be allowed to cut some and got plenty of responses. I've made the soup and we are taking it as a preventative and an immune booster. To do that it is only necessary to take it once a week. In this case a batch of soup should last a family a year. Correctly made and preserved soup (with either vodka or ACV) will keep for up to 3 years.

If anyone is interested in learning how to do this I can post the directions.

There is one caveat though--there is a yellow oleander that is not an actual oleander plant, but another that looks like it. So if you have a yellow oleander nearby make sure it is actually an oleander. The pinks, reds and white oleander are truly oleander and have no look-alikes.

Samala,