RemedySpot.com

Purslane ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I find this very interesting about purslane and am intrigued that it seems to be considered so common and apparently worthless that I don't find any plants for purchase on the herb sites or concoctions using it That may be a good recommendation. So often things we hold in contempt turn out to be the most valuable.

Does she have any evidence that it works for heavy metals beyond her intuitive abilities?

Do you have the contact info for her or her distributors?

Thanks,

Naomi

Guest guest

Hi Naomi. That was the most interesting part. She's a bio chemist or scientist that works with plants--something like that ( the talk was back at the beginning of December, so can't remember her details). She works with making pesticides for agriculture. She doesn't like them for her own yard, naturally, but it's her job. In her own yard she kept weeding out purslane (our pig weed) but it would just keep coming back. She tried boiling water, hot vinegar, etc, it just kept coming back. One day she pulled up a plant and threw it on a near-by rock. Three or 4 days later she went out and the plant was still green. She was amazed. As she had been praying for something to help people with, she decided that this might be a plant God put in front of her to get her attention. So she took it to her lab and worked on it. She was given the information that it was to be used to pull out mercury, so she started testing for that. Not satisfied with her own work she sent it to 3 different labs, if I remember right. They all said the same thing as she found.

As far as I know, she's the only person aware of this. I have studied wild food for many years and purslane has always been noted for it's salad qualities--but that's it. Nothing was ever mentioned medicinally for it. She's the only one to have found this I guess.

But she's had it verified by the other labs, so now she has made a line of products. When I just googled her web site I see she has more than she did at December. Then she just had the loose powder, the capsules, skin cream and deodorant. The cream is wonderful--I tried it at the show. It stops headaches when rubbed hard into the shoulder muscles. Her husband was there doing mini-neck and shoulder rubs with it, and people were exclaiming their headaches went away. That's what the cream is for, besides being good for your skin. I'm going to look more carefully at her site and see what all new stuff she has come up with.

The contact info is on her site. I don't know the American distributors, but they can tell you. Her and her whole family was really helpful, so I bet you could just email them with any questions you have about how purslane works and they'd be happy to tell you. They seemed so excited to be able to spread the word about the little plant. :-)

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

I.

Does she have any evidence that it works for heavy metals beyond her intuitive abilities?

Guest guest

Thanks for this info. Do you have the address of her site?

Naomi

Re: [ ] Purslane ...

Hi Naomi. That was the most interesting part. She's a bio chemist or scientist that works with plants--something like that ( the talk was back at the beginning of December, so can't remember her details). She works with making pesticides for agriculture. She doesn't like them for her own yard, naturally, but it's her job. In her own yard she kept weeding out purslane (our pig weed) but it would just keep coming back. She tried boiling water, hot vinegar, etc, it just kept coming back. One day she pulled up a plant and threw it on a near-by rock. Three or 4 days later she went out and the plant was still green. She was amazed. As she had been praying for something to help people with, she decided that this might be a plant God put in front of her to get her attention. So she took it to her lab and worked on it. She was given the information that it was to be used to pull out mercury, so she started testing for that. Not satisfied with her own work she sent it to 3 different labs, if I remember right. They all said the same thing as she found.

As far as I know, she's the only person aware of this. I have studied wild food for many years and purslane has always been noted for it's salad qualities--but that's it. Nothing was ever mentioned medicinally for it. She's the only one to have found this I guess.

But she's had it verified by the other labs, so now she has made a line of products. When I just googled her web site I see she has more than she did at December. Then she just had the loose powder, the capsules, skin cream and deodorant. The cream is wonderful--I tried it at the show. It stops headaches when rubbed hard into the shoulder muscles. Her husband was there doing mini-neck and shoulder rubs with it, and people were exclaiming their headaches went away. That's what the cream is for, besides being good for your skin. I'm going to look more carefully at her site and see what all new stuff she has come up with.

The contact info is on her site. I don't know the American distributors, but they can tell you. Her and her whole family was really helpful, so I bet you could just email them with any questions you have about how purslane works and they'd be happy to tell you. They seemed so excited to be able to spread the word about the little plant. :-)

Samala,

I.

Guest guest

Hi ,

My experiences with this " weed " are just like hers. If you pull it

out, and leave it on top of the soil like I do with other weeds, it

doesn't dry up or " compost " . It might shrivel a bit, but the leaves

maintain their moisture level. It pops up everywhere and when it goes

to seed, it is very prolific.

I use it in salads and cook in soups and stews...not as often as I

should. In soups/stews it cooks down to nothing. It's kind of

mucilagenous.

Like I said before, it's high in omega 3's. I've wanted to post about

it at other forums...as a survival food. If unsprayed, it's a very

cheap and nutritious food source.

Now that I know that it detoxes mercury, it is a superfood in my book.

Avril

In , " Gaiacita "

<gaiacita@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Naomi. That was the most interesting part. She's a bio chemist

or

> scientist that works with plants--something like that ( the talk

was back at

> the beginning of December, so can't remember her details). She

works with

> making pesticides for agriculture. She doesn't like them for her

own yard,

> naturally, but it's her job. In her own yard she kept weeding out

purslane

> (our pig weed) but it would just keep coming back. She tried

boiling water,

> hot vinegar, etc, it just kept coming back. One day she pulled up

a plant

> and threw it on a near-by rock. Three or 4 days later she went out

and the

> plant was still green. She was amazed. As she had been praying for

> something to help people with, she decided that this might be a

plant God

> put in front of her to get her attention. So she took it to her

lab and

> worked on it. She was given the information that it was to be used

to pull

> out mercury, so she started testing for that. Not satisfied with

her own

> work she sent it to 3 different labs, if I remember right. They

all said

> the same thing as she found.

>

> As far as I know, she's the only person aware of this. I have

studied wild

> food for many years and purslane has always been noted for it's

salad

> qualities--but that's it. Nothing was ever mentioned medicinally

for it.

> She's the only one to have found this I guess.

>

> But she's had it verified by the other labs, so now she has made a

line of

> products. When I just googled her web site I see she has more than

she did

> at December. Then she just had the loose powder, the capsules,

skin cream

> and deodorant. The cream is wonderful--I tried it at the show. It

stops

> headaches when rubbed hard into the shoulder muscles. Her husband

was there

> doing mini-neck and shoulder rubs with it, and people were

exclaiming their

> headaches went away. That's what the cream is for, besides being

good for

> your skin. I'm going to look more carefully at her site and see

what all

> new stuff she has come up with.

>

> The contact info is on her site. I don't know the American

distributors,

> but they can tell you. Her and her whole family was really

helpful, so I

> bet you could just email them with any questions you have about how

purslane

> works and they'd be happy to tell you. They seemed so excited to

be able to

> spread the word about the little plant. :-)

>

> Samala,

>

>

Guest guest

She does call it a super food, if you read her site on the page about what purslane does. She has many people that start with the herx reactions when they begin taking the powder and/or capsules.

One thing I forgot to mention, that her article reminded me of--cloves! She says that because the purslane detoxes through the kidneys some people can get pain in their kidneys from it, so she was told that cloves are the answer. She says it is best to take clove capsules (which she also has) a week or so before starting the purslane if a person is ill or has had any type of UTI. Or, if you are taking the purslane and begin to have pain in the kidneys to stop taking the purslane and take clove until the pain stops. Then continue taking cloves and purslane together.

I'm just going to have to haunt my friend's places here until I find a pigweed plant, dig it up from their place and throw it on my ground. Back in Illinois, if I pulled up a plant in one spot of the garden, and missed throwing it out of the bed area, it would just start re-growing wherever it landed in the other part of the garden. I imagine it will do the same here.

There are lots of great, super nutritious weeds that people spend money on pesticides to get rid of. Foolishness!

Samala,

My experiences with this "weed" are just like hers. If you pull it

out, and leave it on top of the soil like I do with other weeds, it

doesn't dry up or "compost". It might shrivel a bit, but the leaves

maintain their moisture level. It pops up everywhere and when it goes

to seed, it is very prolific.

Guest guest

Hey! Great tip on the cloves. I had no idea it was good for the

kidneys. BTW, Hulda suggests taking cloves for

parasites...since that's been a thread here.

Let me know if you can't find it. I'll send you some purslane seeds.

They're cute little black things. Cute...if you don't mind

prolific " weeds " . :o)

Avril

>

She has many people that start with the herx reactions when

> they begin taking the powder and/or capsules.

>

> One thing I forgot to mention, that her article reminded me of--

cloves! She

> says that because the purslane detoxes through the kidneys some

people can

> get pain in their kidneys from it, so she was told that cloves are

the

> answer. She says it is best to take clove capsules (which she also

has) a

> week or so before starting the purslane if a person is ill or has

had any

> type of UTI. Or, if you are taking the purslane and begin to have

pain in

> the kidneys to stop taking the purslane and take clove until the

pain stops.

> Then continue taking cloves and purslane together.

>

> I'm just going to have to haunt my friend's places here until I

find a

> pigweed plant, dig it up from their place and throw it on my

ground.

Guest guest

Thanks--I'll keep your offer in mind.

Samala

Let me know if you can't find it. I'll send you some purslane seeds.

They're cute little black things. Cute...if you don't mind

prolific "weeds". :o)

Guest guest

Avril & ,

..Thanks for telling us about this. I just called and spoke to Athea. She is going to write out what I should take and have her secretary call me tomorrow. I only was able to speak with her for a couple minutes, but I had a really good feeling about her. She is very confident that her stuff will remove all heavy metals. I sure hope she's right. All these heavy metal discussions and complicated protocols drive me nuts. And I just love the idea that it's a pig weed and a throw away plant.

Avril...I'd love to have some seeds. Could you send me some too?

Naomi

[ ] Re: Purslane ...

Hey! Great tip on the cloves. I had no idea it was good for the kidneys. BTW, Hulda suggests taking cloves for parasites...since that's been a thread here.Let me know if you can't find it. I'll send you some purslane seeds. They're cute little black things. Cute...if you don't mind prolific "weeds". :o)Avril>She has many people that start with the herx reactions when> they begin taking the powder and/or capsules.> > One thing I forgot to mention, that her article reminded me of--cloves! She> says that because the purslane detoxes through the kidneys some people can> get pain in their kidneys from it, so she was told that cloves are the> answer. She says it is best to take clove capsules (which she also has) a> week or so before starting the purslane if a person is ill or has had any> type of UTI. Or, if you are taking the purslane and begin to have pain in> the kidneys to stop taking the purslane and take clove until the pain stops.> Then continue taking cloves and purslane together.> > I'm just going to have to haunt my friend's places here until I find a> pigweed plant, dig it up from their place and throw it on my ground.

Guest guest

Wow Naomi! Good going. Please do remember to tell us what she says. I know when I bought the deodorant, because she said I had a tiny bit of mercury left, that she doused that I should spray 3 times a day for 2 weeks and that would take it all out. Then I could use it like regular deodorant. So, did she say she was dowsing for how you'd use it, or is it the protocol she gives to everyone? Or, maybe she didn't tell you yet. Still, I'd love to hear whatever she says.

Is she selling it to you from Canada, or did she give you an American distributor?

She does feel good, doesn't she? I really, really liked her, and I only got to talk with her for a few minutes myself. But it's her belief in what she does, and it certainly feels like she's totally honest.

Samala,

-- Re: [ ] Re: Purslane ...

Avril & ,

..Thanks for telling us about this. I just called and spoke to Athea. She is going to write out what I should take and have her secretary call me tomorrow. I only was able to speak with her for a couple minutes, but I had a really good feeling about her. She is very confident that her stuff will remove all heavy metals. I sure hope she's right. All these heavy metal discussions and complicated protocols drive me nuts. And I just love the idea that it's a pig weed and a throw away plant.

Avril...I'd love to have some seeds. Could you send me some too?

Naomi

Hey! Great tip on the cloves. I had no idea it was good for the kidneys. BTW, Hulda suggests taking cloves for parasites...since that's been a thread here.Let me know if you can't find it. I'll send you some purslane seeds. They're cute little black things. Cute...if you don't mind prolific "weeds". :o)Avril>She has many people that start with the herx reactions when> they begin taking the powder and/or capsules.> > One thing I forgot to mention, that her article reminded me of--cloves! She> says that because the purslane detoxes through the kidneys some people can> get pain in their kidneys from it, so she was told that cloves are the> answer. She says it is best to take clove capsules (which she also has) a> week or so before starting the purslane if a person is ill or has had any> type of UTI. Or, if you are taking the purslane and begin to have pain in> the kidneys to stop taking the purslane and take clove until the pain stops.> Then continue taking cloves and purslane together.> > I'm just going to have to haunt my friend's places here until I find a> pigweed plant, dig it up from their place and throw it on my ground.

Guest guest

It was a speedy conversation. She's off to a fair tomorrow. So I don't know how she means to decide on my protocol, but I suspect it's both intuitive and standard. I didn't get a chance to give her much info, but she didn't act like she needed much. They have a facility in the States. She didn't refer to it as a distributor, but apparently a warehouse. Anyway there seems to be no problem getting it in the States. I don't know what her secretary will recommend when she calls, but I'm guessing it will be the deodorant for sure and probably the cloves. I didn't even ask the cost. Hope it's not expensive. I already blew the budget this month. Sigh! I'll let you know how it goes.

Naomi

Guest guest

Sure, Naomi, I'd love to send you some. They're growing like

weeds :o) so I should be able to harvest some seed heads soon. Email

me privately with your address. Grow it in a confined space, because

it will spread out and seed itself everywhere.

I'm with you on avoiding complicated chelation procedures. Cutler's

protocol is around the clock with frequent dosing.

Avril

In , " Naomi " <naomilh@...>

wrote:

>

> Avril & ,

>

> ..Thanks for telling us about this. I just called and spoke

to Athea. She is going to write out what I should take and have her

secretary call me tomorrow. I only was able to speak with her for a

couple minutes, but I had a really good feeling about her. She is

very confident that her stuff will remove all heavy metals. I sure

hope she's right. All these heavy metal discussions and complicated

protocols drive me nuts. And I just love the idea that it's a pig

weed and a throw away plant.

>

> Avril...I'd love to have some seeds. Could you send me some too?

>

> Naomi

>

>

> [ ] Re: Purslane ...

>

>

> Hey! Great tip on the cloves. I had no idea it was good for the

> kidneys. BTW, Hulda suggests taking cloves for

> parasites...since that's been a thread here.

>

> Let me know if you can't find it. I'll send you some purslane

seeds.

> They're cute little black things. Cute...if you don't mind

> prolific " weeds " . :o)

>

> Avril

>

>

> >

> She has many people that start with the herx reactions when

> > they begin taking the powder and/or capsules.

> >

> > One thing I forgot to mention, that her article reminded me of--

> cloves! She

> > says that because the purslane detoxes through the kidneys some

> people can

> > get pain in their kidneys from it, so she was told that cloves

are

> the

> > answer. She says it is best to take clove capsules (which she

also

> has) a

> > week or so before starting the purslane if a person is ill or

has

> had any

> > type of UTI. Or, if you are taking the purslane and begin to

have

> pain in

> > the kidneys to stop taking the purslane and take clove until

the

> pain stops.

> > Then continue taking cloves and purslane together.

> >

> > I'm just going to have to haunt my friend's places here until I

> find a

> > pigweed plant, dig it up from their place and throw it on my

> ground.

>

Guest guest

Yes, please do. No, her stuff is not expensive in comparison with other things. More like just buying the $30 bottle of good vitamins that last a month, if I remember right.

Keep us posted.

Samala,

.. I didn't even ask the cost. Hope it's not expensive. I already blew the budget this month. Sigh! I'll let you know how it goes.