RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: vit c and corn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I get my vit.c from The Vitamin Shoppe. On the label it says no corn (among other things). Does this mean it could still be derived from a corn product?

-- Re: [ ] Re: Question about my daughter getting a fever a day after starting MMS

Yes. Most Vit C is made with corn. After all they have to extract these vitamins from something unless they're synthetic.Caroline <caroline111@...> wrote:

Are you talking about Vitamin C ? Is there corn in Vitamin C ?

I was referring to the corn in the citrus acid that is used in the MMS.

Caroline Rollinson

Re: [ ] Re: Question about my daughter getting a fever a day after starting MMS

I'm MCS and lyme. I can't take any vitamins anymore and vit C was my saddest one to go and then I heard that it's made from corn. Makes sense to me I would react to it. You all are so informed, I'm glad to read your posts.ramcaroline <caroline111usawide (DOT) net> wrote:

Gaiacita,

I'm really shocked and upset to hear that the citrus acid has corn in it. Corn is not only gm, but it has fungus in it....all corn.

All corn has fungus. Corn fed cows have fungus. Dairy from cows that have been fed corn, has fungus in it. And it seems that most of our food supply is contaminated with corn - it's in everything and it's everywhere! High fructose corn syrup is in just about everything, even at health food stores.

I'm doing a Google search fo find corn free citrus acid. I have been getting the citrus acid crystals from Global Life www.globallife.net and have an email in to them to see if theirs has corn in it.

Doug Kaufmann www.knowthecause.com says and his book "The Fungus Link"

Corn is "universally contaminated" with fumonisin and other fungal toxins such as aflatoxin, zearalenone and ochratoxin. [Mycotoxins: Risks in Plant, Animal and Human Systems. Task Force Report No. 139. Ames, IA. Jan 2003]

Fumonisin and aflatoxin are known for their cancer-causing effects, while zearalenone and ochratoxin cause estrogenic and kidney-related problems, respectively.

Doug Kaufmann also says food allergies are caused from fungus, even in babies. If the mother has fungus, the baby could have fungus.

If the baby was given antibiotics, he has fungus. Antibiotics are a fungal metabolite. Milk that is not from grassfed cows has antibiotics in it. Organic milk does not contain antibiotics, even so called organic milk that has been pasteurized is better than milk with antibiotics in it.

Caroline Rollinson

>> I have no problems with corn, but another person who is very sensitive to> corn and was using citric acid for his MMS found out that citric acid now> has corn by-products in it, instead of it being pure dried lemon juice like> it use to be. It's cheaper to make it with corn. So he has said that> anyone with a corn allergy should not use citric acid. And of course, most> corn products are now from genetically modified (gm) corn, so a person is> getting a double dose of not-healthy stuff by using citric acid. Corn, and> gm corn at that. Me? I have no allergies and though I try to avoid gm> stuff, I still use citric acid as the activator for my MMS simply because I> bought quite a bit of it, and it is handy for me. I am not fond of lemons> so rarely have them in the house. > > Samala, > > > -------Original Message------- > > Hi. Can you please explain further gm corn products in connection > with citric acid?>

Guest guest

Not sure. The best bet is to call the manufacturer and ask them. Make sure that even though it says no corn, it also contains no corn by-products, if you are sensitive to corn at all.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

I get my vit.c from The Vitamin Shoppe. On the label it says no corn (among other things). Does this mean it could still be derived from a corn product?

Guest guest

Here is the answer I got from my friend who is allergic to corn.

Yes the NOW brand citric acid is corn source and that was what caused half of my mms problems.

Yes the overwhelming amount of vitamin c products out there are corn source. I only get my C from the Vitmain C foundation at this time. There are others, but I haven't found them. A friend recently sent me an article that said that L-ascorbic acid should always be taken as a loose powder, which is the only way the VCF sells it.

I don't have the address for the Vitamin C foundation (I think it is the Linus ing one) but you can Google it.--