RemedySpot.com

Re: Defining detox

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks . I guess there's a difference between toxin removal and parasite elimination. With a toxin detox protocol, all the detox agent has to do it bind to the toxin and then help to shuttle them to the stomach or liver to help get rid of them - e.g., French green clay and coffee enemas.

Perhaps with parasites there are some agents that kill the parasites but don't shuttle them out of the body (e.g., MMS and colloidal silver). In those cases, anything that gets the parasites into the bowel in order to get eliminated (e.g., ample dose of magnesium, urine therapy etc.) acts as a kind of detox.

Well, even if I'm muddled in my thinking of what I've just said, I do think Hulda 's paradigm of "parasites + pollution (toxins) = disease" rings true and I think people should have both parasite and toxin removal strategies.

From: Gaiacita <gaiacita@...>Subject: Re: [ ] Defining detox Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 9:12 AM

That's my definition of a detox--something that cleans the body of toxins WHILE removing them. Maybe there's a different medical definition?

Samala,

-------Original Message----- --

Maybe I'm just being obtuse, as I possibly know the answer already, but I'd like to know what is detox and what isn't. For example, it's my understanding that MMS and colloidal silver kill pathogens and thus are not considered detox. And that detox refers anything that shuttles the pathogens out of the body. Is that correct? If yes, does that mean magnesium is a detox agent if it induces a bowel movement that does indeed get rid of the pathogens?

Part two: it would be interesting to compile a list of all detox supplements/ protocols. I know some people list four or five in a post, but would be neat to have a big list that we can all refer to.

I guess coffee enemas and magnesium work to detox through the bowels, but I guess there are liver detoxifiers and detoxifiers of other organs as well. I'd submit a list myself, but I'll rather await confirmation that my definition of detox is correct.

Guest guest

Sorry, just thought of something else. I just said that i think people should have a toxin removal strategy. Well, we all have one - the liver. But the liver often gets overburdened with toxicity and therefore I think it's crazy that some people use all these dangerous chemicals on their skin (conventional cosmetics, shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc.), throughout the house (regular household cleaners, scented candles, air fresheners), etc.

By the way, I watch SoapNET and it's amazing that most if not all these women-targeted ads are bad for ones health - pharmaceuticals (Yaz), Silk soy milk, AirWick fresheners, Lysol sprays, Clorox sprays where the woman's practically spraying it on the kid's lunch, ranch dressing, etc. It would be funny if it weren't so sick!

Guest guest

really. and have you ever noticed that you rarely if ever see discount

coupons for products that are for good products? just for the needless evil

junk. i really HATE being stuck in a line behind someone with a fistfull of

coupons buying a pile of crap that shouldn't even be produced.

Re: [ ] Defining detox

Sorry, just thought of something else. I just said that i think people

should have a toxin removal strategy. Well, we all have one - the liver.

But the liver often gets overburdened with toxicity and therefore I think

it's crazy that some people use all these dangerous chemicals on their skin

(conventional cosmetics, shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc.), throughout the

house (regular household cleaners, scented candles, air fresheners), etc.

By the way, I watch SoapNET and it's amazing that most if not all these

women-targeted ads are bad for ones health - pharmaceuticals (Yaz), Silk soy

milk, AirWick fresheners, Lysol sprays, Clorox sprays where the woman's

practically spraying it on the kid's lunch, ranch dressing, etc. It would

be funny if it weren't so sick!

Guest guest

I think you have hit in right. There is a difference between toxin removal and parasite elimination. I was speaking to a doctor that works on skin--he heals everything via transdermal applications--say that he thinks even the inability to loose weight is due to parasites. He explained that parasites feed on certain things--which take them approximately 30 seconds to get. So they take those things which they like and the other components of our food that take longer for them to digest (up to 3 minutes) and they shove it off to the side where it gets stored as fats. So even though some people eat healthy but still can't seem to loose weight (if you rule out thyroid) it is probably due to parasites.

Samala,

-- Re: [ ] Defining detox Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 9:12 AM

That's my definition of a detox--something that cleans the body of toxins WHILE removing them. Maybe there's a different medical definition?

Samala,

-------Original Message----- --

Maybe I'm just being obtuse, as I possibly know the answer already, but I'd like to know what is detox and what isn't. For example, it's my understanding that MMS and colloidal silver kill pathogens and thus are not considered detox. And that detox refers anything that shuttles the pathogens out of the body. Is that correct? If yes, does that mean magnesium is a detox agent if it induces a bowel movement that does indeed get rid of the pathogens?

Part two: it would be interesting to compile a list of all detox supplements/ protocols. I know some people list four or five in a post, but would be neat to have a big list that we can all refer to.

I guess coffee enemas and magnesium work to detox through the bowels, but I guess there are liver detoxifiers and detoxifiers of other organs as well. I'd submit a list myself, but I'll rather await confirmation that my definition of detox is correct.