RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Purslane ... et al

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ah, good about the portulaca. At least I wasn't making things up. Lol

No, I don't think the oleander is a chelator. It kills cancer cells and boosts the immune system.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Is the oleander also a chelator? I followed some of the discussion

here about it helping fight cancer.

Guest guest

I just googled pig weed. Very confusing. There are a zillion kinds of pigweed.

Naomi

Re: [ ] Re: Purslane ... et al

Thanks for the info Naomi. Yes, that is a small price to pay for almost 6 months of something to give you better health. I KNOW it will work for you, especially with you adding the oleander! Keep us posted.

There are cousins to pig weed, but the kind that she uses is, um--well, I can't remember the Latin name. Will have to look it up later. It's in the information I got from her, and when I googled it, it was what we called pigweed back in Illinois. The wild one. The cousins are landscape plants I believe--portulaca I think? Maybe not, can't remember for sure. Would have to check.

Samala,

I also asked about purslane plants and apparently there are different varieties, but I don't know which variety Elsie uses and unfortunately when I talked to Elsie I didn't think to ask that, and the others didn't know. Do any of you know?

Guest guest

She uses Portulaca oleracea, so just Google for a photo of it and see if it matches what you have growing nearby. Most wild food books show the correct kind under the name of purslane, if you have any local wild food or wild flower books.

Samala,

Guest guest

Thanks , I just discovered that in a booklet sent me, and I tried to send it as an attachment, but it didn't post. Are attachments not allowed?

Naomi

She uses Portulaca oleracea, so just Google for a photo of it and see if it matches what you have growing nearby. Most wild food books show the correct kind under the name of purslane, if you have any local wild food or wild flower books.

Samala,

Guest guest

just told me the prob. It was too big. There were 2 attachments, a brochure and a paper on parasites

Naomi

ps Avril....Can you tell if your seeds are oleracea? Here's a picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portulaca_oleracea

Samala,