RemedySpot.com

Re: Tick free areas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm not sure the point is to get away from ticks as now findings are showing that other insects can infect as well including mosquitos, but there are maps that show where the least lyme infected ticks are. I think the midwest was the least if I recall correctly. I live in one of the worst in CA. Try the CALDA site. They might have the map on their site.dglsrichey <dglsrichey@...> wrote: Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can I look at a good map of tick free areas? Doug in

Durham

Guest guest

Edy, well for what its worth the desert areas I might move to show zero risk. At least that is encouraging. So instead of my dogs and me getting ticks they will get cactus spines in their eyes and get attacked by coyotes and wild pigs. DougEdy Rayfield <edyrayfield@...> wrote: I'm not sure the point is to get away from ticks as now findings are showing that other insects can infect as well including mosquitos, but there are maps that show where the least lyme infected ticks are. I think the midwest was the least if I

recall correctly. I live in one of the worst in CA. Try the CALDA site. They might have the map on their site.dglsrichey <dglsrichey > wrote: Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can I look at a good map of tick free areas? Doug in Durham

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

You can probably google a map, but from what remember all states in the U.S. have reported cases (except maybe Alaska). And transmission has been proven from other insects besides ticks. So I do not think you are guaranteed immunity anywhere anymore in the U.S.-

-- [ ] Tick free areas

Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can I look at a good

map of tick free areas? Doug in Durham

------------------------------------

Guest guest

How about the Arctic? :)) susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote: You can probably google a map, but from what remember all states in the U.S. have reported cases (except maybe Alaska). And transmission has been

proven from other insects besides ticks. So I do not think you are guaranteed immunity anywhere anymore in the U.S.- -- [ ] Tick free areas Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can I look at a good map of tick free areas? Doug in Durham ------------------------------------

Guest guest

Doug, Bilbo Baggins said It's a dangerous thing to step out your front door, you never know where it will lead. I've been told many times to move to the desert because of mold issues. Where are you thinking of going. I may have to caravan along! lol It's a tough thing to be told again and again to move from a home I built and have been in for 30 years. But my life? ly, the fight is getting a bit much. Edydouglas richey <dglsrichey@...> wrote: Edy, well for what its worth the

desert areas I might move to show zero risk. At least that is encouraging. So instead of my dogs and me getting ticks they will get cactus spines in their eyes and get attacked by coyotes and wild pigs. DougEdy Rayfield <edyrayfieldsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I'm not sure the point is to get away from ticks as now findings are showing that other insects can infect as well including mosquitos, but there are maps that show where the least lyme infected ticks are. I think the midwest was the least if I recall correctly. I live in one of the worst in CA. Try the CALDA site. They might have the map on their site.dglsrichey <dglsrichey > wrote: Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can

I look at a good map of tick free areas? Doug in Durham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Edy, this isn't a recent desire, I have been enamoured by that area for 20 years. Mostly I would trek there for a month in a small motorhome with either one or two dogs. I like the Big Bend area of Texas and the southern Utah area. However most desert areas are attractive to me. I've benn coast to coast 15 times and know alot of pretty areas. I guess that will not heal us but maybe we would not have to be looking out for ticks. On the map that southern Utah area is not tick free. I think they have to map anything that has highlands in it with tick attracting vegetation. DougEdy Rayfield <edyrayfield@...> wrote: Doug, Bilbo Baggins said It's a dangerous thing to step out your front door, you never know where it will lead. I've been told many times to move to the desert because of mold issues. Where are you thinking of going. I may have to caravan along! lol It's a tough thing to be told again and again to move from a home I built and have been in for 30 years. But my life? ly, the fight is getting a bit much. Edydouglas richey <dglsrichey > wrote: Edy, well for what its worth the desert areas I might move to show zero risk. At least that is encouraging. So instead of my dogs and me getting ticks they will get cactus spines in their eyes and get attacked by coyotes and wild pigs.

DougEdy Rayfield <edyrayfieldsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I'm not sure the point is to get away from ticks as now findings are showing that other insects can infect as well including mosquitos, but there are maps that show where the least lyme infected ticks are. I think the midwest was the least if I recall correctly. I live in one of the worst in CA. Try the CALDA site. They might have the map on their site.dglsrichey <dglsrichey > wrote: Is the desert southwest free of small ticks? Where can I look at a good map of tick free areas? Doug in Durham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.