RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Fw: Does Bacteria Really Cause Cavities? GREAT INFO!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I thought I would pass this along. Does Bacteria Really Cause Cavities?>> In OraMedia's Newsletter dated June 20, 2008,> Tom Cornwell wrote an article entitled, "Dr. Judd,> the Glycerin Hysteria & Brushing with Soap".>> Tom says that he is familiar with Dr. Judd's work> but was concerned about Dr. Judd's assertion that> germs do not cause tooth cavities.>> Tom's article concludes with a definition of> glycerin from Wikipedia, describing all the benefits> of glycerin.>> I absolutely have some info on this that I must> share. I hope to do another YouTube video soon> discussing

bacteria and cavity formation.>> Firstly, Dr. Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D. does mention tooth> decay at least 200 times in his book "Good Teeth> Birth to Death". But he also said he was mistaken in> using the term tooth "decay". He concluded that there was> no such thing as "decay" of teeth. He said that there are only> tooth "cavities" and they are caused by two things:>> 1 -- Acids applied to teeth from the foods you eat> and things you drink, such as lemons, grapefruits,> rhubarb, raw spinach (that are high in oxalic acid),> sodas and other drinks.>> 2 -- Sharp instruments or probes used to pick off plaque> from the teeth -- basically, sharp probes can dig holes> in the enamel. These holes that are under the gums> catch food and end up causing gum infection.>> Secondly, Dr. Judd did not believe that any type> of germs were involved in the

process of DEmineralization> or cavity formation. Dr. Judd said that there are at least> two evidences of this:>> 1 -- Billions of animal and human remains after 5,000 or> more years still have their original teeth, even though> exposed to bacteria and viruses in all kinds of conditions>> and>> 2 -- There is no carbon in tooth enamel and therefore viruses> and bacteria, which both require CARBON to exist are> defeated. Dr. Judd emphatically stated that bacteria causing> cavities is FALSE SCIENCE. He believed the study of> Streptococcus mutans as a source of tooth cavities> was a complete waste of government funding.>> Dr. Judd also mentioned that even though bacteria> from food does produce acid, this acid, like all other> food acids is neutralized easily by a little sip of water.> Acids react chemically with water to form

hydronium> ion and thus the enamel is saved.>> It is no wonder that I get the question about bacteria> causing cavities from many customers and visitors> who frequent the ToothSoap.com website. If you ask> any dentist or do a search online, it is stated that> bacteria is the cause of cavities.>> Even though Dr. Judd showed bacteria does not cause> cavities, months ago I investigated the Streptococcus> mutans bacteria and this theory held by most dentists> today.>> What I discovered about the S. mutans and the> S. sobrinus bacteria was most interesting.>> From Wikipedia:>> "Along with S. sobrinus, S. mutans plays a major> role in tooth decay, metabolizing sucrose to lactic> acid. The ACIDIC environment created in the mouth> by this process is what causes the highly mineralized> tooth enamel to be vulnerable to

decay.">> But what was even more interesting is that there> have been many attempts to make a VACCINE for> the S. mutans bacteria! And ironically, these same> scientists searching for this vaccine found the following:>> "Proteins involved in the colonization of teeth by S. mutans> have been shown to produce antibodies that inhibit the> cariogenic process." Quite simply, the antibodies produced> by the S. mutans prevent cavities!>> What is obvious is that the pH of the mouth> is very important. Saliva needs to be in the neutral> range for proper remineralization. It is not just> about bacteria. Saliva cannot be too acidic> or too alkaline. Obviously, your body needs to> be in the proper pH range at all times.>> Studies from Newcastle University in the UK done on> saliva and tooth dissolution prove that pH of the> saliva is

crucial when it comes to remineralization> and demineralization of teeth. Saliva in the proper> pH range of around 7.0 to 7.5 remineralizes teeth> and saliva in the pH range of 5.2 to 5.5 is referred> to as "critical pH", which DEmineralizes teeth.>> Interestingly, saliva in the more alkaline ranges> showed to produce calculus on the back of the> lower front teeth. This is the region of the opening> of the submandibular-sublingual salivary glands.> If you are a person who gets plaque on the back> of your lower front teeth, now you know why.>> Saliva is also doing another important job in> your mouth. It is neutralizing those acids that> are forming from any bacteria that is in your> mouth. Having HEALTHY pH correct saliva> is the KEY to remineralization of teeth.>> But back to the bacteria issue. It is important> for the health of

your gums to use antibacterial> products? ABSOLUTELY.>> And I am going to tell you why I believe that> Tooth Soap® is the best product to kill bacteria> in the mouth. BTW, I can assure you that THIS> IS NOT A SALES PITCH!>> Aside from the fact that ALL SOAP kills> 99.9% of germs, therapeutic essential oils> also play a vital role in the Tooth Soap®.>> For example:>> Cinnamon EO is antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious,> anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral and astringent.>> Peppermint EO is antibacterial, analgesic, and antiseptic.>> Spearmint EO is antibacterial, anti-catarrhal, anti-fungal,> anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic.>> Citrus EO is antibacterial, anti-depressant, antiseptic,> antiviral, astringent, and restorative.>> Ginger EO is antibacterial and antiseptic.>> So

between the antibacterial soap and the addition> of therapeutic essential oils, it is my opinion that> Tooth Soap® does a perfect job when it comes to killing> critters!>> We often market the concept of Tooth Soap leaving> teeth feeling so clean you would think you went> to the dentist, but we have neglected to inform everyone> of the fact that Tooth Soap® is so powerful when> it comes to being a bug zapper!>> If you are a person who is looking for a serial killer> of germs, you will want to pick up a bottle of our> AMAZING Tooth Swish.>> Why? From Tom's newsletter:>> "According to Dr. Keyes, one of the top oral> microbiologists in the world with well over 50 years> in the field, soap ain't bad, but isn't nearly as effective> as good old baking soda or salt when it comes to> killing the germs which cause tooth and gum

disease.">> So if the critter killing power of Tooth Soap® is> not enough, start swishing with the ONLY> oral care product available today that contains> Original Himalayan Crystal Salt®, baking soda,> and essential oils! (In another newsletter I will> explain why you should only be using> "Original Himalayan Crystal Salt®" whenever> you use salt.)>> I will conclude with a few comments about glycerin.>> Is it true glycerin does NOT feed the bacteria> that supposedly forms plaque that will cause> dental cavities? The real issue is whether or not you> believe cavities are formed by bacterial plaque (I don't).> BTW, soap softens plaque, making it easy to be> brushed away.>> I have done the toothpaste test on my own sink> and can see with my own two eyes that glycerin> is sticky and leaves a definite residue behind.>

Teeth were never meant to be coated long term> with anything other than saliva.>> I do believe Dr. Judd when he said glycerin sticks to> teeth and prevents remineralization. I believe> it because I have had thousands of people contact> me over the years telling me how they stopped> using toothpaste and used Tooth Soap® instead, and> were delighted to find their teeth were less sensitive.>> The bottom line with glycerin is that it is CHEAP.> It is a filler and costs practically nothing compared to> whole food ingredients like Organic Extra Virgin Olive> Oil and high grade essential oils.>> And when a toothpaste is made with 50% glycerin,> it is my bet that the tube itself costs more than> the cheap ingredients. As always, we get what> we pay for.>> Unfortunately, many manufacturers of personal> and oral care products are not

focused on using> as many whole food ingredients as possible. Most> products are formulated using nothing but dirt> cheap chemicals. No regard is given to the possibility> that the chemicals they are using are potentially> harmful and that most chemicals used today have> not been tested for long term safety.>> At Vitality Products Inc., our focus has always been> to create effective products using as many whole foods> as possible. I demand that the products contain high> end and whole food ingredients because I know that> the whole foods are where the real "healing energy"> power is. The body is so incredible and will heal> itself, when in the proper environment.>> If you made it this far in this email you deserve a> discount on your next order. Use Coupon Code SAVE15 at> checkout. This offer cannot be combined with other offers,> applied to

previous orders and is valid until January 1, 2009.> Click here to begin shopping...> http://www.automateyourwebsite.com/app/?af=694666>> Be well,> Adler> CEO/Founder> Vitality Products, Inc.>> toothsoap.com>> "Brush only with Tooth Soap®.> The dentist recommended,> non-toxic, whole food based,> germ bustin, rockin cleanser> for your teeth!">>>> TOOTH SOAP -- Vitality Products Inc.>> 402 S. Beavercreek Rd., Ste. #113> Oregon City, OR> 97045> US>> Regards, Carol Ann ~ The only thing that is different is how you think..http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html