RemedySpot.com

Re: Remicade

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I started Remicade treatments about a year ago. After the first infusion it felt as if a miracle had happened. I still got my aches and pains but my mobility improved 90%. Well, the first effects of it has tapered off but I am still able to do most of the things I couldn't do before the infusions. . I have heard others on this board say that the Remicade had no effect on them at all. I guess it depends on the individual. Be patient. I hope this helps. Benny ----- Original Message ----- From: sheilafluf Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 4:57 AM Rheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Remicade I started Remicade treatment about six weeks ago but I am still experiencing aggressive symptoms. I have had no relief to date. If you are using Remicade I would appreciate your comments and input.

Hello, I have been on Remicade since May 2000. It is my lifesaver, even though the relief isn't the same as it used to be. What is your dosage? The starting dosage is based on weight but may be increased if needed. If you started 6 weeks ago, you should have had at least 4 treatments by now (week 0, 2, 4, and 6) Some people don't respond to Remicade, unfortunately. I started at 200 mg and am now on 300. You should talk to you rheumy about experiences of his other patients.

Take care,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>I started Remicade treatment about six weeks ago but I am still >experiencing aggressive symptoms. I have had no relief to date. If >you are using Remicade I would appreciate your comments and input.

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Carol, I'm on Remicade also and had my 7th infusion yesterday. I've been slightly bushed after some of the infusions but nothing that lasted till the next day. I suggest calling your doctor again and asking about other treatments. It sounds like the Remicade has failed you. I do get a Benadryl and Tylenol before my infusions and that might make a difference. Good luck and God bless.

Grandpavan1927

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 10:51 AM

Subject: remicade

Hi AllHas anyone else had this problem or any others from remicade?I started remicade about 3 weeks ago, so I have had 2 treatments. I have felt like dog pooh ever since I started. Exhaustion mostly some diareah and after this last treatment a couple of chest pains and no appetite. Anyone else having any problems. Had to take 3 days off after first treatment and 4 after the second. I told the doctor about the way I felt after the first treatment. He just said we will wait and see.Thanks allCarol

Guest guest

Hi Donna, This is in Virginia. I have been taking Remicade for 3 years next month. Remicade is a TNF inhibitor. It was explained to me this way: everyone has something called TNF in their body, it's what causes inflammation. In people with arthritis, our TNF is out of whack so we have too much inflammation. Remicade inhibits the TNF, which lowers the swelling, discomfort and pain of your joints (if it works for you). Remicade is given via IV. It is a slow drip for an hour than a faster drip. It usually takes me 3-4 hours for mine. I take Benedryl and Tylenol to prevent an allergic reaction. I usually have to wait a half hour for it to be mixed and a half hour after my treatment.

Remicade works the same way as Enbrel, only it stays in your body longer. I got some relief from Enbrel, but not enough to stick myself every few days and to revolve my life around storage, disposal and maintenance of the shots (I travel a lot for my job). I get Remicade every 2 weeks at the local hospital.

The side effects are similar to Enbrel also -- risk of infection, bruising at injection site. Visit remicade.com for more specific info. If your insurance covers Enbrel it is likely to cover Remicade b/c it costs roughly the same, depending on how often you get the treatment.

Hope that helps.

Steph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Everyone, > What exactly is Remicade and how is it given? I take Methotrexate, prednisone and embrel. I would love to change medications. What are the side effects of Remicade? > Thank you, > Donna > dfisher57@...

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

Donna, as usual has good information. I would like to add that Enbrel is designed for one size dose given at one frequency so it is hard to adjust for people who require more or less of the drug. Remicade comes in 100 mg vials and I know of people who take two vials and others who take seven vials every 8 weeks. Also the time between infusions can be changed if necessary.

Grandpavan1927

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 1:08 PM

Subject: Re: remicade

Hi Donna, This is in Virginia. I have been taking Remicade for 3 years next month. Remicade is a TNF inhibitor. It was explained to me this way: everyone has something called TNF in their body, it's what causes inflammation. In people with arthritis, our TNF is out of whack so we have too much inflammation. Remicade inhibits the TNF, which lowers the swelling, discomfort and pain of your joints (if it works for you). Remicade is given via IV. It is a slow drip for an hour than a faster drip. It usually takes me 3-4 hours for mine. I take Benedryl and Tylenol to prevent an allergic reaction. I usually have to wait a half hour for it to be mixed and a half hour after my treatment.

Remicade works the same way as Enbrel, only it stays in your body longer. I got some relief from Enbrel, but not enough to stick myself every few days and to revolve my life around storage, disposal and maintenance of the shots (I travel a lot for my job). I get Remicade every 2 weeks at the local hospital.

The side effects are similar to Enbrel also -- risk of infection, bruising at injection site. Visit remicade.com for more specific info. If your insurance covers Enbrel it is likely to cover Remicade b/c it costs roughly the same, depending on how often you get the treatment.

Hope that helps.

Steph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Everyone, > What exactly is Remicade and how is it given? I take Methotrexate, prednisone and embrel. I would love to change medications. What are the side effects of Remicade? > Thank you, > Donna > dfisher57@...

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*