RemedySpot.com

Re: sulphasalazine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone

This is my first post here. I was diagnosed with RA about 4 months ago and was prescribed sulphasalazine which i have been on for about 3 months. I actually got worse while i was on it but i did not know about flare ups. I am coping Ok at the moment. I have not had headaches but I have recently started to get a raging thirst and my mouth feels as if it is full of salt. Drinking water does not help much. I was on 4 tablets a day and i have cut back to 2 to see if it helps. has anyone else experienced this??

caz

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 12:24 PM

Subject: RE: Help Please

Hi RuthI have been using sulphasalazine for about 4 mths now, & it has been my miracle drug. I also use Vioxxeveryday. When I first started taking thesulphasalazine I also experienced headaches & generally feeling unwell, but I found that this wentaway after a few weeks once my body got used to it. Ijust used panadol for the headaches.

Hi, I hate to support an ad slogan ... but sports drink like Gatorade really help "quench" my thirst since being on the sulfa drugs. If Gatorade is too sweet, you can mix it half way with water to get used to it.

Take care,Steph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>This is my first post here. I was diagnosed with RA about 4 months ago and was prescribed sulphasalazine which i have been on for about 3 months. I actually got worse while i was on it but i did not know about flare ups. I am coping Ok at the moment. I have not had headaches but I have recently started to get a raging thirst and my mouth feels as if it is full of salt. Drinking water does not help much. I was on 4 tablets a day and i have cut back to 2 to see if it helps. has anyone else experienced this?? > >caz

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

I hate to support an ad slogan ... but sports drink like Gatorade really help "quench" my thirst since being on the sulfa drugs. If Gatorade is too sweet, you can mix it half way with water to get used to it.

Take care,Thanks Steph; I am in the Uk (Edinburgh) so we don't get Gatorade but i take it any sports drink will do

thanks

caz

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 4:01 PM

Subject: Re: sulphasalazine

Hi, I hate to support an ad slogan ... but sports drink like Gatorade really help "quench" my thirst since being on the sulfa drugs. If Gatorade is too sweet, you can mix it half way with water to get used to it.

Take care,Steph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>This is my first post here. I was diagnosed with RA about 4 months ago and was prescribed sulphasalazine which i have been on for about 3 months. I actually got worse while i was on it but i did not know about flare ups. I am coping Ok at the moment. I have not had headaches but I have recently started to get a raging thirst and my mouth feels as if it is full of salt. Drinking water does not help much. I was on 4 tablets a day and i have cut back to 2 to see if it helps. has anyone else experienced this?? > >caz

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

No problem. I'm actually going to be visiting your part of the world. My very good friend lives in Glasgow. I haven't bought my tickets yet, but I'm thinking around March or April.

Take care,Steph~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Thanks Steph; I am in the Uk (Edinburgh) so we don't get Gatorade but i take it any sports drink will do > >thanks > >caz

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*.