RemedySpot.com

Re: No surgery.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi (sorry but I don't know your name ..)

Welcome to the group, where about are you from? I live in London, England. I am 46 years old and the only person in my family with BPES.

Please will you take a look at the post I made on the 10th March.

However, just to let you know, I have heard many times that parents are advised to hold off until later years. However, I have not heard of anyone mentioning circumstances like yours. Perhaps if you could provide some more information about your son then I might be able to ask one of the doctors who are a member of this site to prepare a reply to you.

We are fortunate that we have about 5 of more medics in this group, and it is wonderful to know that they are able to help us and point us in the right direction.

Take care

Shireen Mohandes

London, England

(I had ops at 2.5, 12 and 18 ... but techniques have changed quite a lot, so not much point thinking about my circumstances)

From: blepharophimosis [mailto:blepharophimosis ] On Behalf Of ghamil2612Sent: 14 March 2007 07:21blepharophimosis Subject: blepharophimosis No surgery.

My son is 11 years old with BPEI. Because of additional eye muscle issues, two doctors have not recommended surgery until he is old enough to be involved with the decision. Are there others out there with similar experience?

Guest guest

Hi (sorry but I don't know your name ..)

Welcome to the group, where about are you from? I live in London, England. I am 46 years old and the only person in my family with BPES.

Please will you take a look at the post I made on the 10th March.

However, just to let you know, I have heard many times that parents are advised to hold off until later years. However, I have not heard of anyone mentioning circumstances like yours. Perhaps if you could provide some more information about your son then I might be able to ask one of the doctors who are a member of this site to prepare a reply to you.

We are fortunate that we have about 5 of more medics in this group, and it is wonderful to know that they are able to help us and point us in the right direction.

Take care

Shireen Mohandes

London, England

(I had ops at 2.5, 12 and 18 ... but techniques have changed quite a lot, so not much point thinking about my circumstances)

From: blepharophimosis [mailto:blepharophimosis ] On Behalf Of ghamil2612Sent: 14 March 2007 07:21blepharophimosis Subject: blepharophimosis No surgery.

My son is 11 years old with BPEI. Because of additional eye muscle issues, two doctors have not recommended surgery until he is old enough to be involved with the decision. Are there others out there with similar experience?

Guest guest

It Is Going To Be A Big Thing, So I'd Have To Agree And Wait And See

If He Wants It Done. I'm 14, and i have BPEI & I'm Just Looking Into

Corrective Surgeries Now. It Could Give Him A Whole Different Look,

Which Could Be Good Or Bad, Depends On How You See It. But I'd Wait.

Good Luck And Good Wishes.

-Alix

>

> My son is 11 years old with BPEI. Because of additional eye muscle

> issues, two doctors have not recommended surgery until he is old

enough

> to be involved with the decision. Are there others out there with

> similar experience?

>