RemedySpot.com

Re: Occuplastic surgeons

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Debbie,

Dr. Cole operated on our son when he was 6 months old. Ethan had slings put in both eyes. He is now 13 yrs. old has not had anything else done. His vision is 20/20. He just had his annual check-up last week. We were very pleased with Dr. Cole. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and we will be glad to answer them. We have recently moved back to Ga. So we are not too far from your area.

Best Wishes,

Emalee Barrow

From: Debbie Weston From <westonfrom@...>Subject: blepharophimosis Occuplastic surgeonsblepharophimosis Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 7:08 PM

Hello out there!Has anybody had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole in Atlanta? He is an occuplastic surgeon who wants to puts new slings on my 8 yr old daughter and also do sugery on her lower lid to create a lid and pull the eyelashes out.Please respond if you had the surgery especially on the lower lids...and how long it takes to heal and if there is much scarring.Also if you had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole...Thanks so much!Debbie (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)

Hi Emalee!

Thank you for responding to my email....it truly helps to hear from

other people about their experiences.

My daughter is also having upper lid entropion repair, I beleive that

is when the lids is pulled in to make a crease. I am talking with

Dr. Cole's nurse about the procedure.

Hannah had slings put in when she was 9 weeks old but has got to get

new ones because they are slacking.

What material did Dr. Cole use in Ethan's slings?

Did he also have entropion repair?

I look forward to hearing from you.

We live north of Atlanta right off 400 near Dahlonega...how far are

you from there?

Maybe we could get together if you are close.

Thanks again....

debbie from

>

> From: Debbie Weston From <westonfrom@...>

> Subject: blepharophimosis Occuplastic surgeons

> blepharophimosis

> Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 7:08 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello out there!

>

> Has anybody had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole in Atlanta?

> He is an occuplastic surgeon who wants to puts new slings on my 8

yr

> old daughter and also do sugery on her lower lid to create a lid

and

> pull the eyelashes out.

> Please respond if you had the surgery especially on the lower

> lids...and how long it takes to heal and if there is much scarring.

> Also if you had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole...

>

> Thanks so much!

> Debbie (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)

>

HI Debbie,

Ethan had silicon slings done. He did not entropion repair done. Dr. Cole was very helpful in explaining all aspects of the surgery, I hope he has done so for you. This group is a wealth of information maybe someone else has had that surgery done and can give you the information from a parents or patients point of view. We have been fortunate to not have any issues with the slings. We are in Newnan, about 45 min. south of the southern most point of 400. It would be great to meet another family dealing with this. You can e-mail me emaleebarrow@... and maybe sometime when you are going to be near Buckhead or the surrounding areas we can meet(I think that would be half way).

When will they be doing Hannah's surgery and are they changing the sling material due to the failure?

Best wishes,

Emalee

From: Debbie Weston From <westonfrom@...>Subject: blepharophimosis Re: Occuplastic surgeonsblepharophimosis Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 7:45 AM

Hi Emalee!Thank you for responding to my email....it truly helps to hear from other people about their experiences. My daughter is also having upper lid entropion repair, I beleive that is when the lids is pulled in to make a crease. I am talking with Dr. Cole's nurse about the procedure.Hannah had slings put in when she was 9 weeks old but has got to get new ones because they are slacking.What material did Dr. Cole use in Ethan's slings?Did he also have entropion repair?I look forward to hearing from you.We live north of Atlanta right off 400 near Dahlonega... how far are you from there?Maybe we could get together if you are close.Thanks again....debbie from> > From: Debbie Weston From <westonfrom@ ...>> Subject: blepharophimosis Occuplastic surgeons> blepharophimosis> Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 7:08 PM> > > > > >

> Hello out there!> > Has anybody had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole in Atlanta? > He is an occuplastic surgeon who wants to puts new slings on my 8 yr > old daughter and also do sugery on her lower lid to create a lid and > pull the eyelashes out.> Please respond if you had the surgery especially on the lower > lids...and how long it takes to heal and if there is much scarring.> Also if you had any experience with Dr. Harvey Cole...> > Thanks so much!> Debbie (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)>