year old female and was diagnosed with POF in early 2005. At the time,

I wasn't too concerned with having children, but now I may have found

someone I would love having a family with. I have failed to mention

having blepharophimosis to this certain person, and the fact that I

may not be able to have babies with him. I guess my main question

is, `is there any hope for me to get pregnant?' I understand adoption

and that whole concept and it's not what I want, but fertility

treatment is still a blur. Is there anyway to correct or re-route this

situation? Any type of answer is much and greatly appreciated.

ms.tameria

Hello there

I too had POF and am now in early menopause at age 30 but was diagnosed with POF at around 26/27.

With regard to having a child yourself the only real option in my experience would be for donor egg IVF, so you would carry the child but your partners sperm and a donor egg once fertilised would be placed in your womb. POF was explained by my consultant as the fact that you have run out of your own eggs but I am sure that other people on here have other information.

I really would sit and have an honest discussion with your partner as this is important stuff, if he is worth your time I am sure he will understand and work with you on this and support you 100%. The longer you leave this the harder it will become to tell him.

Good luck.

B xx

----Original Message----From: nativejoyo510@...Date: 19/08/2008 23:32 <blepharophimosis >Subj: blepharophimosis POF...againHello to all:I have a few questions for those of you that are knowledgeable in the area of Premature Ovarian Failure, but one main question. I am a 23 year old female and was diagnosed with POF in early 2005. At the time, I wasn't too concerned with having children, but now I may have found someone I would love having a family with. I have failed to mention having blepharophimosis to this certain person, and the fact that I may not be able to have babies with him. I guess my main question is, `is there any hope for me to get pregnant?' I understand adoption and that whole concept and it's not what I want, but fertility treatment is still a blur. Is there anyway to correct or re-route this situation? Any type of answer is much and greatly appreciated.ms.tameria 2 for 1 on ID protection with Tiscali SpyGuard (offer open to all internet users. Offer ends 18th August 2008) - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/spyguard_______________________________________________________