> consider that there are many different factors that contribute to

the

> decision to go ahead with surgery options.I think this group is a

great

> place to find support and we should be understanding of eachother

in

> whatever decisions an individual makes.I guess, with life

experience,

> comes maturity, and a more open minded view to life.

>

Guest guest

Machaela:

Jessie's post-op pictures look great. I am so happy

that her surgery went well. 's second

surgery was only 2 months ago and although the

immediate results were the most remarkable, I am

surprised even now how much we notice the redness

diminish from the incisions and swelling going down a

little more even though we thought all of the swelling

was already gone in the first few weeks. I am going

to try to post some pics today.

Take care of that little cutie (I love her pigtails

and curly hair) and congrats on having surgery behind

you! --Anne Weber--Chicago, IL

--- Machaela Welsh <macster74@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I have added a couple of pics of Jessie

> 1 week after her

> first operation. Everything went really well and she

> is healing so

> fast! She was amazing through the whole thing. We

> can really notice the

> difference in the width of her eyes. It has been a

> really successful

> result for her. I will point out that in Jessie's

> case it was not done

> purely for cosmetic reasons - it was affecting her

> vision, which was

> deteriorating. I have read certain posts recently in

> this group, that

> are very " anti surgery " and I wonder to myself

> wether this individual

> has children of their own? and that possibly they

> might like to

> consider that there are many different factors that

> contribute to the

> decision to go ahead with surgery options.I think

> this group is a great

> place to find support and we should be understanding

> of eachother in

> whatever decisions an individual makes.I guess, with

> life experience,

> comes maturity, and a more open minded view to life.

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Hello everyone, and thanks for the replies. Yes we are thrilled to be "on the other side" of surgery (for now) as we were so nervous in the week leading up to it. Jessie is doing amazingly well, as I said, and we are so happy for her. It has been such a succesful, positive decision for us. Kids are just amazing little critters!! So resilient.She was back to her happy little self, the very next day. Also, a BIG welcome to you !! I am imagining you are overjoyed with finding this group? I can tell you it has been my saviour!!! It is just so valuable.....beyond words!! We are so lucky to be able to share our journeys together. I am forever grateful to have found it. That feeling of "not being alone" anymore is a joy I will never forget!! I was overwhelmed......Machaela Welsh <macster74@...> wrote: Hi everyone. I have added a couple of pics of Jessie 1 week after her first operation. Everything went really well and she is healing so fast! She was amazing through the whole thing. We can really notice the difference in the width of her eyes. It has been a really successful result for her. I will point out that in Jessie's case it was not done purely for cosmetic reasons - it was affecting her vision, which was deteriorating. I have read certain posts recently in this group, that are very "anti surgery" and I wonder to myself wether this individual has

children of their own? and that possibly they might like to consider that there are many different factors that contribute to the decision to go ahead with surgery options.I think this group is a great place to find support and we should be understanding of eachother in whatever decisions an individual makes.I guess, with life experience, comes maturity, and a more open minded view to life.

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

Guest guest

Hi Machaela, I'm so happy all is well with Jessie. She is a beautiful child. Our son had his only surgery at 6months of age because it was affecting his vision. I was scared to death about making the right decision, knew no one with the same issue. But it comes down to doing what we think is best for our precious children. When they brought Ethan back from the recovery room I cried. The drive home was a little over an hour and bless him, he was all eyes of wonder looking around. I've never regretted our decision for surgery. Vision is a gift. Best wishes, Emalee Barrow- Colorado, U.S.A.Machaela Welsh <macster74@...> wrote: Hi everyone. I have added a couple of pics of Jessie 1 week after her first operation. Everything went really well and she is healing so fast! She was amazing through the whole thing. We can really notice the difference in the width of her eyes. It has been a really successful result for her. I will point out that in Jessie's case it was not done purely for cosmetic reasons - it was affecting her vision, which was deteriorating. I have read certain posts recently in this group, that are very "anti surgery" and I wonder to myself wether this individual has children of their own? and that possibly they might like to consider that there are many different factors that contribute to the decision to go ahead with surgery options.I

think this group is a great place to find support and we should be understanding of eachother in whatever decisions an individual makes.I guess, with life experience, comes maturity, and a more open minded view to life.Emalee Barrow

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Machaela,

Thank you so much for posting Jessie's photos! She is so pretty! and I was delighted to see that the operation went so well for her, her eye openings look fantastic! 's eye widening ops in London are not scheduled to happen for another year and a half, she just has the silicone lifts since 6mths old - she's 2 next month, so I was dying to see how successful the widening was... and in Jessie's case, it sure does look great!

Thanks again for sharing, it's so much appreciated by all us parents, that have to face surgery with our little beauties!

O'Brien

Kildare, Ireland

blepharophimosis Photos of Jessie's first surgery

Hi everyone. I have added a couple of pics of Jessie 1 week after her first operation. Everything went really well and she is healing so fast! She was amazing through the whole thing. We can really notice the difference in the width of her eyes. It has been a really successful result for her. I will point out that in Jessie's case it was not done purely for cosmetic reasons - it was affecting her vision, which was deteriorating. I have read certain posts recently in this group, that are very "anti surgery" and I wonder to myself wether this individual has children of their own? and that possibly they might like to consider that there are many different factors that contribute to the decision to go ahead with surgery options.I think this group is a great place to find support and we should be understanding of eachother in whatever decisions an individual makes.I guess, with life experience, comes

maturity, and a more open minded view to life.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.