RemedySpot.com

R: Hi to all BPES friends !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear and Jess,

thank you for your kind answer. Whether our little Carlo will go under sugery it is as yet undecided and the answers we are getting will ease our minds !

Thank you again, Giro & Antonella

Da: blepharophimosis [mailto:blepharophimosis ] Per conto di lisa mennesInviato: lunedì 7 aprile 2008 2.57A: blepharophimosis Oggetto: Re: blepharophimosis Hi to all BPES friends !

Hello,

My daughter's peripheral vision improved greatly after her lid surgery. Often before her surgery, when she was a beginning walker, she would bump the top of her head into things slightly above her vision that she was not able to see due to the lids not opening enough. She has worn glasses since she was about 4 years old but both her brother and her father without BPES have worn glasses since an early age.

At times, her eyes do not always close completely and she uses an eye ointment at night before she goes to sleep in order to keep her eyes moist and to keep them from being irritated.

I know that the surgery was a good thing for her since we were able to protect her vision.

Best of luck.

girodoc <giro.martinoalice (DOT) it> wrote:

Dear Friends,my 3 yrs old son Carlo inherited BPES from me. Now I'm 46 and I never had surgery. Recently, in routine control, my son was found to be 4/10 in the left eye and 8/10 in the right one.Surgery, then, should be performed more for a "functional" reason than for a "cosmetic" reason.So I would ask you this: in your experience, does the sight effectively improve after surgery ? Could sight improve over the years even without surgery (glasses, contact lens or else) ?One more question: after surgery, will eyes close in a correct fashion or will they remain "semiclosed" ?Is there any picture in "our" website of kids who had surgery from Dr. Yassir M S Abou-Rayyah or Mr Collin ?Thank you very much for your help and… keep in touch !Giro from Italy

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.7/1361 - Release Date: 05/04/2008 7.53

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.8/1362 - Release Date: 06/04/2008 11.12