RemedySpot.com

Re: premature Ovarian Failure To in new hampshire

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I have 2 daugthers with BPES, The eldest is 13 now 14 in march 08. I was concerned about POF too. I live in London so got a referal to a Geneticist. She had a ultra sound check to see how developed her ovaries/uterus were at about 11. There was not much to report cos of her age the dr said he may do another round age 14 she also had her blood sample taken and sent off to a lab in Belgium to test for which type of BPES. The results only came back to us a few weeks ago and they were able to confirm which type she has. To my relief she has the type 2.

She started her period early at about 10 years then it stopped for about 3 years only to start back about march this year. I was out of my mind with worry cos she has told me she wants kids and so does her sister. I have had to tell them with as much sensitivity as I can manage the issues that can come up with conception.

What I am saying is they should be able to give you some more definate answers. The consultant said to me that they have a slight mis-spelling in their DNA. and no deletions.

I don't know if I have helped at all but responded cos I know how this feels I have been so worried for the last 3 and half years. I only found out about the fertility issue by chance on this site.

Cheers

Joyce (London)