RemedySpot.com

Re: I knew one day...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dawn, I am no look forward to this buy I can tell you we have had a few issues. My Daughter nna will be starting school in 1 week and I know someone will be cruel to her. Many people in my husbands family have this and when he was in school he had a really hard time. Things were different then. When nna was in 3 yr pre school It was all about the awarness that people are different. Her Teacher was really stern and did not tolerate teasing. She did a day or a lesson of "people are different". This sort of bulling needs to stopped by the teacher. Call her and let her know the issue. Tailynn is too little right now to take care of it herself. This stuff really makes me mad. She is so cute and her eyes make her unique.

Carla

Watertown, CT

From: tailynn03 <tailynn03@...>Subject: blepharophimosis I knew one day...blepharophimosis Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 2:44 PM

That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring people).. With that being said she started school last week.. Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster face and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel soooo bad now everyday i take her she crys....She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and try my best to explain to her ... etc...Those... who have

gone through this with there kids..or have gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?action=view & current=dscn3958 .jpghttp://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?action=view & current=dscn3956 .jpgthanks ..dawn

actually one of the biggest things that helped was i approached my son's teacher, i did not know what to do before that, however it was one of the best things i have done, shortly after that the teacher was talking to the class and decided to tell them a story about a puppet master who made puppets and if the puppets were perfect they would receive gold buttons on their jackets, if they were NOT perfect or had a tiny flaw he would put silver buttons on their jackets.. basically the teacher told the story and said to the kids if you make fun of children that seem to be different from you then you are saying they only deserve silver buttons.. she then told them to look around the room and note how everyones hair was different, eye color was different, nose was different and asked them if they had blue eyes and so and so had brown eyes then why does it make their blue eyes right? she told me at the end of the day that majority of the children said that their parents are the ones who told them what was right and wrong.. not once during this life lesson did she mention my son or single out anyone else in the class that was different .after that Lynden seemed to get teased less and less  (there were a few other kids in the class with "problems" too who got teased less and less) not saying it will fix everything but maybe if the teacher is aware and talks to the children as a group then it might ease everything..Lynden my son is very very very very passive and was prone to bullying and teasing but as long as i told him it was ok everyday got easier and easier. H e did say to a child a few weeks ago something interesting...KID- hey lynden why are your eyes so small and if you went for surgery shouldn't they be big by now?LYNDEN- you know what? i don't make fun of your big nose so why are you making fun of my eyes??KID- said nothing and walked away.....now i am not promoting what he said but it made me proud...(by the way the kid did NOT have a big nose)Tonikka and LyndenEdmonton CANADAOn 2-Sep-08, at 12:44 PM, tailynn03 wrote:That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring people).. With that being said she started school last week.. Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster face and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel soooo bad now everyday i take her she crys....She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and try my best to explain to her ... etc...Those... who have gone through this with there kids..or have gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/TAILYNN03/?action=view & current=dscn3958.jpghttp://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/TAILYNN03/?action=view & current=dscn3956.jpgthanks ..dawn 

Yeah... had A talk with the teacher she told me that she would let this happen again and she apologized .. she spoke to Tailynn letting her know she can go up toher anytime etc ..... So that helps me out.. in a way...

Mommy2My3BeautifulAngels

blepharophimosis I knew one day...blepharophimosisDate: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 2:44 PM

That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring people).. With that being said she started school last week.. Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster face and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel soooo bad now everyday i take her she crys....She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and try my best to explain to her ... etc...Those... who have

gone through this with there kids..or have gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?action=view & current=dscn3958 .jpghttp://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?action=view & current=dscn3956 .jpgthanks ..dawn

Yeah.... Hmmm.. Maybe I should as kthe teacher to do a dispaly of somesort... about diffrences... To make tailynn more comfortable etc.. and other kids more comfotabl.e.... There is an open house tonite.. so ill bringt hat up to her .. THANKS >!!!

Mommy2My3BeautifulAngels

Re: blepharophimosis I knew one day...

actually one of the biggest things that helped was i approached my son's teacher, i did not know what to do before that, however it was one of the best things i have done, shortly after that the teacher was talking to the class and decided to tell them a story about a puppet master who made puppets and if the puppets were perfect they would receive gold buttons on their jackets, if they were NOT perfect or had a tiny flaw he would put silver buttons on their jackets.. basically the teacher told the story and said to the kids if you make fun of children that seem to be different from you then you are saying they only deserve silver buttons..

she then told them to look around the room and note how everyones hair was different, eye color was different, nose was different and asked them if they had blue eyes and so and so had brown eyes then why does it make their blue eyes right? she told me at the end of the day that majority of the children said that their parents are the ones who told them what was right and wrong.. not once during this life lesson did she mention my son or single out anyone else in the class that was different .

after that Lynden seemed to get teased less and less (there were a few other kids in the class with "problems" too who got teased less and less) not saying it will fix everything but maybe if the teacher is aware and talks to the children as a group then it might ease everything..

Lynden my son is very very very very passive and was prone to bullying and teasing but as long as i told him it was ok everyday got easier and easier. H e did say to a child a few weeks ago something interesting. ..

KID- hey lynden why are your eyes so small and if you went for surgery shouldn't they be big by now?

LYNDEN- you know what? i don't make fun of your big nose so why are you making fun of my eyes??

KID- said nothing and walked away.....

now i am not promoting what he said but it made me proud...(by the way the kid did NOT have a big nose)

Tonikka and Lynden

Edmonton CANADA

On 2-Sep-08, at 12:44 PM, tailynn03 wrote:

That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring people).. With that being said she started school last week.. Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster face and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at her... HOW CRUEL... But it also

the world we live in.... I feel soooo bad now everyday i take her she crys....She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and try my best to explain to her ... etc...Those... who have gone through this with there kids..or have gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/

?action=view & current=dscn3958 .jpghttp://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?action=view & current=dscn3956 .jpgthanks ..dawn

hugs to you and your beautiful princess :) the world we live in is

so cruel and no one these days seems to explain to there kids that

everyone is diffrent and beautiful in their own special way and

thats the way God intended it to be.last october as we stood in a

line at disney world Mallory was 5 at the time these two little

girls stood in the line next to her and kept whispering and laughing

and pointing their fingers at her and saying she has a flat face. it

so much tore me up inside but then mallory really suprised me she

pointed her finger right back at them and they jumped back and

stopped. i just stood there and thought way to go mallory!! she

seems so strong and i know that every child is not like this. i

think that you are doing all you could to explain this to her and it

really hurts to see are kids go through these things but i hope and

pray that iot makes them stronger and does not tear them apart.

hopefully she can find a good freind that she can be with and maybe

the teacher can help also. good luck and i hope things get better

soon.

nina

the bahamas

--- In blepharophimosis , " tailynn03 " <tailynn03@...>

wrote:

>

> That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried

> about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and

thatGod

> made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be

boring

> people).. With that being said she started school last week..

> Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she

came

> to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore...

We

> asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster

face

> and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at

> her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel

soooo

> bad now everyday i take her she crys....

>

> She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has

> it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... (

WOW

> alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website...

and

> try my best to explain to her ... etc...

>

> Those... who have gone through this with there kids..or have

> gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to

> explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~

>

> http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/TAILYNN03/?

> action=view & current=dscn3958.jpg

> action=view & current=dscn3956.jpg

>

> thanks ..dawn

>

Your story is my story. My lovely little 5 year old was teased and, too, called a monster. We told her that she would soon have an operation and stay in a hospital with wonderful people and us--her parents. We told her that she could get chocolate milk and listen to the TV after her surgeries and we would hold her hand and she could get a new toy. Kids can handle a lot with hope and their parents remaining positive and calm. I wish you the best. My now 20 year old lives a normal, college life with roomies in Fresno, Ca.

Rose B.

blepharophimosis Re: I knew one day...

hugs to you and your beautiful princess :) the world we live in is so cruel and no one these days seems to explain to there kids that everyone is diffrent and beautiful in their own special way and thats the way God intended it to be.last october as we stood in a line at disney world Mallory was 5 at the time these two little girls stood in the line next to her and kept whispering and laughing and pointing their fingers at her and saying she has a flat face. it so much tore me up inside but then mallory really suprised me she pointed her finger right back at them and they jumped back and stopped. i just stood there and thought way to go mallory!! she seems so strong and i know that every child is not like this. i think that you are doing all you could to explain this to her and it really hurts to see are kids go through these things but i hope and pray that iot makes them stronger and does not tear

them apart. hopefully she can find a good freind that she can be with and maybe the teacher can help also. good luck and i hope things get better soon.ninathe bahamas>> That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother worried > about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod > made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring > people).. With that being said she started school last week.. > Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came > to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We > asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster

face > and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at > her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel soooo > bad now everyday i take her she crys....> > She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has > it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW > alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and > try my best to explain to her ... etc...> > Those... who have gone through this with there kids..or have > gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to > explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~> > http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?> action=view & current=dscn3958 .jpg> http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?> action=view & current=dscn3956 .jpg> > thanks ..dawn>

I totally know what youre talking about. Children are very forward

and speak what they feel. Kids always ask my son " Why are your eyes

like that? "

My son (7yrs old) just responds " Thats just how they are, becasue I

have little eyes "

I have always kept him busy and active tehrefore he is very populay

at school and everywhere he goes. He tends to make friends quickly.

He has been at the same school since Kindergarten so he is well know

now. Come High School a New School we will see.

I cry when he cries I hurt when he hurts. My 3 yr old will go to the

same elemenatry school.

I showe my kids photo albums of other children with BPES. We have

never referred to it as any type of defect. Just as different. But

everyone is different.

--- In blepharophimosis , " tailynn03 " <tailynn03@...>

wrote:

>

> about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and

thatGod

> made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring

> Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she

came

> to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We

face

soooo

>

> it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... (

WOW

> alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website...

and

>

>

> action=view & current=dscn3958.jpg

> action=view & current=dscn3956.jpg

>

> thanks ..dawn

>

I got a letter from y sons doctore explaining the condition to his

teacher. The first couple of days MAY be tough or hopefully not, but

I promise It will pass. My son is a second grader now but everyone

has known him at his school since Kindergarten.

>

> From: tailynn03 <tailynn03@...>

> Subject: blepharophimosis I knew one day...

> blepharophimosis

> Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 2:44 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and thatGod

> made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be boring

> Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she came

> to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore... We

face

soooo

>

> it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... ( WOW

> alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website... and

>

>

> http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?

> action=view & current=dscn3958 .jpg

> http://s159. photobucket. com/albums/ t130/TAILYNN03/ ?

> action=view & current=dscn3956 .jpg

>

> thanks ..dawn

>

We have never referred to BLEP as a defect, We didnt want him to

develop a complex about it and he really hasnt. Sometimes when he

meets new ppl and they say or ask about he gets a little down about

once we get home, but he plays it off as if its no big deal in front

of other ppl so they dont feed into it. Then the other kids forget

about it...accept it ...get used to it and move on

I have always told my sonsa they have beautiful eyes.

> >

> > That my daugther would start school.... and As her mother

worried

> > about teasing etc... But kept her aware of what she has and

> thatGod

> > made everyone diffrent( if we were all the same we would be

> boring

> > people).. With that being said she started school last week..

> > Kindergarten and behold the first day down then second day she

> came

> > to us and told us she no longer wants to go to school anymore...

> We

> > asked her why and she told us some kids are calling her monster

> face

> > and alien eyes... and lifthing up there lids.. making faces at

> > her... HOW CRUEL... But it also the world we live in.... I feel

> soooo

> > bad now everyday i take her she crys....

> >

> > She came to me last nite.. asking why she has it... who eles has

> > it.. why we dont have it.... And wants to met ppl like her... (

> WOW

> > alot of questions for a 5yr old.... I should her the website...

> and

> > try my best to explain to her ... etc...

> >

> > Those... who have gone through this with there kids..or have

> > gonethrough .. what did you tell them.... whats was your way to

> > explain to them what they have and itll be ok .. etc ..~

> >

> > http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/TAILYNN03/?

> > action=view & current=dscn3958.jpg

> > http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/TAILYNN03/?

> > action=view & current=dscn3956.jpg

> >

> > thanks ..dawn

> >

>