RemedySpot.com

RE: Update on slings...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just thought I'd update in case someone else has already dealt with this. We went to the eye doctor this afternoon and this condition is not related to his slings at all. Both are in tact and working properly. The doctor said it is something neurological. If you cover one eye completely the other opens and vice versa. But he is suddenly unable to open both eyelids at the same time. Both eyes are working in sync. It is all very bizarre.

Our eye doctor said this "happens" they "don't know why" and "will probably resolve itself". If it does not resolve by next week they will order and MRI. We aren't sure we are comfortable waiting and will seek a second opinion. If anyone has ever heard of this or has insight we'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

April

From: Nicki Venable <nicki.venable@ co.allen. in.us>Subject: RE: blepharophimosis Are slings connected in anyway?blepharophimosisDate: Monday, October 27, 2008, 2:12 PM

April,

My daughter had the silicone slings and they were two different connections. One sling connected to three places on the lids and eyebrow area but not connected to the other eye. Good luck on your search.

Nicki Venable

From: blepharophimosis [mailto:blepharophi mosis@group s.com] On Behalf Of April EiseleSent: Monday, October 27, 2008 2:08 PMblepharophimosisSubject: blepharophimosis Are slings connected in anyway?

Hi Everyone,I haven't posted in awhile but had a question I thought some of you might know. Are the frontalis slings connected to one another? Meaning are the two eyes connected in anyway?Micah woke up this morning and cannot open one of his eyes. I assumed one of his slings broke (he has the silicone ones) and made an appt. with his eye doctor for this afternoon. But he just came and showed me his "new trick". He can use his fingers to open or close that eye by pushing on his eyebrow - but when he does - the other eye opens and closes like it is on some kind of lever! He can't keep both eyes open at the same time though. I'm trying to read up so I understand more but thought someone out there might know.Thanks so much!AprilPS - Does anyone know how long the silicone slings usually last?