RemedySpot.com

THANK YOU

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

its so weird that all of our children are growing up.. as i have been apart of this community  for a long long time!!! my son Lynden will be 11 this year and is finally done with all of his surgeries.. finally. (i hope) lol it seems like yesterday that he was just born and i was asked if he was burnt in a fire or was he blind, did he have down syndrome or is he sleeping. i keep looking at the new posts and see everyones distress when they have a new diagnosis of BPES and think thank goodness their child only has BPES.. and now that they are a part of our group they will be at ease eventually.  i say thank goodness as our family is lucky because we have a multitude of genetic stuff and my husband and i were tested and we have some matches  like  duchanes muscular dystrophy etc.. when we had our last daughter i was so thankful, yes lynden has had 6-7 surgeries (can't keep count) but none of my children have any neurological disorders.. so i am thankful lynden has BPES because that makes him a unique individual. he gets a laugh when we get his glasses renewed and he tells the ladies at the glasses place his prescription and they look at him in shock.. lol  wowee they will say you have a strong prescription.. then it proceeds on us picking out glasses and me trying to make him independent and picking his own.. however i interject and we always get the glasses i want..  just the mom in me i guess.. he went to camp this summer and was made fun of profusely but lynden has such a big heart he could look past it and see the good in people, i asked him if he wanted to go back and he said "hmm yah i guess i could". when lynden was born i was always worried about how he would turn out, he is so passive it scares me, his feelings get hurt really easy so yesterday he talked back to me for the first time all i could do was stand there with my mouth hung wide open and then i promptly burst out laughing then into tears..."my son has a personality" YAY!!! lol well he always did i was just worried about him being so passive and going to junior high (grade 7-9) those are the toughest years of a persons life, he has it rough because of his eyes and his passiveness.. i realize i cannot protect him forever, but i sure in heck will try.,OH MY GOODNESS i just wrote a novel and i am soo sorry!!my point was that i am thankful we all have these beautiful children with BPES so unique in their own little way. i am thankful to have physically met with some of you and to have talked with you, i hope we can all stay apart of this community for a long time to come and continue to welcome the new BPES children and adults and continue putting them at ease...thanks everyone for creating your wonderful children.. my motto is god only gives you what you are able to handle in life...... and that is life!!On 22-Jul-08, at 11:16 AM, Dana wrote: - Thanks for your response! I checked out your pictures and Imogen is adorable!! Congratulations!! HOnestly, had I not seen your childhood pictures I would have never known by your adult pictures that you had bleph. The doctor did amazing!! You look beautiful!!When will your daughter have her surgery? Dana > >> > Hey everyone!! It has been a long time since I have posted anything, > > but Brooklyn had her check up yesterday with her dr @ U of I and he > > will be performing the epithcanthus later this month. > > > > Anyone who has experience this I would appreciate hearing from you. > We > > have had the 'sling' surgery before, but not this. > > > > Thank you!!> > Dana> >> Tonikka & ChrisLynden,Hunter,Avery