RemedySpot.com

Re: Sad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I understand your concern, but it's probably better to take care of yourself first before having a baby. Some people with arthritis say their symptoms are greatly reduced while pregnant, but there isn't a guarantee. (I wouldn't know, though, since I don't have children.) Personally I'd rather not have children than risk not being able to take care of them. I have been on Methotrexate since I was diagnosed in Nov. 1999. It's very important to get your blood checked regularly to watch for side effects. For me at least, MTX isn't as scary as the pamphlets say.

Take care,

in VA

Inflammatory arthritis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

found out today that since I have a pretty severe case of RA-Iam 35- that I will probably not be able to have a baby. Doc wants to try MTX for a few months and see if it works.....(You can not get pregnant on this drug) I was really hoping to have a baby before going on this drug, but that now seems remotely impossible. I am scared of the Methyltrexate, but do undertand why I need to go on them.....I am an RN....well, thanks for listening....I need to go and cry this out!!!!!! > > > >

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!!!!! Will be taking my 2nd dose of MTX tomorrow......can anyone

tell me how long before i notice an improvement? I will see my RA MD

next week after the 3ed dose.........thanks!!!! sherri

HI Sherri!

Good luck with the MTX!

I noticed improvement in a few weeks, that's what they say also about

how long it takes. Keep taking your other meds while on MTX though!

: )

good luck!

Dave

> Hi All!!!!! Will be taking my 2nd dose of MTX tomorrow......can

anyone

> tell me how long before i notice an improvement? I will see my RA MD

> next week after the 3ed dose.........thanks!!!! sherri

Hi Sherri, Unfortunately, methotrexate can take as long as 6 weeks to notice a difference. When I was first on it, I didn't realize a difference until I stopped taking it for 2 weeks b/c I had bronchitis.

Take care,

in VA

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Hi All!!!!! Will be taking my 2nd dose of MTX tomorrow......can anyone >tell me how long before i notice an improvement? I will see my RA MD >next week after the 3ed dose.........thanks!!!! sherri

Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here

HI sTEPHANIE...Thanks for the info..I think I notice a little bit of a

difference already...althugh when it is going to rain, WOW!!!!!! does

the RA flare up!!!!!!!!! sherri

Hi Sherri, Unfortunately, methotrexate can take as long as 6 weeks to notice a difference. When I was first on it, I didn't realize a difference until I stopped taking it for 2 weeks b/c I had bronchitis.

Take care,

in VA

>Hi All!!!!! Will be taking my 2nd dose of MTX tomorrow......can anyone >tell me how long before i notice an improvement? I will see my RA MD >next week after the 3ed dose.........thanks!!!! sherri

Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave...and thanks for the note. I am now on week 5, and have noticed

some inprovement, as I am now down to 15mg Prednisone/day, as opposed to

the 25 mg I was on before. Just started Bextra, like 2 weeks ago, but I

think that the doc may need to increasr the dose for awhile.......20mg

is just not cutting it...sherri