RemedySpot.com

Scrupulosity or doing what's right?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The question has been asked or inferred: Is it a matter of being "overscrupulous" to advise a repentant sterilized couple to "practice NFP", i.e., abstain during the fertile time? Not at all. This is what should be done. For more than a one-sentence statement, see http://www.nfpandmore.org/The%20Repentant%20Sterilized%20Couple.pdf .

F KippleyNFP Internationalwww.NFPandmore.org"Sex and the Marriage Covenant: A Basis for Morality" (Ignatius)

Re: Medical indications for OCP

"Scrupulosity" begs the question. We first need to assess the presence or absence of true moral responsibility, something quite apart from the question of scruples.Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2012, at 1:47 PM, rbamer2@... wrote:

You know I understand where you all are coming from and don't disagree but how is this different from say a couple who have obtained sterilization for one of them and then after having a conversion of heart, decides to practice nfp during their "fertile period"? Do we tell them they are overscrupulous?And just a slight clarification with richards correction noted the couple would only have to use a clearblue digital OPK kit which runs less than $20 for box of 20 and she would probably only need a couple of tests per month. No monitor is needed. It would cost $5 per month that way. Still I agree that it may be overscrupulous to recommend this but what an act of obedience by the couple! Blessings

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T