RemedySpot.com

resources for difficult prenatal dx and stillbirth (was Fw: Assistance and prayers please)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, wishing you the best and most appropriate experiences as you face the events and outcomes of your recent experience. I am empathizing with you.Thanks for sharing Be Not Afraid, Kathy. That is one I had not come across yet. Should you ever be in a position to counsel or work with families facing fatal prenatal diagnoses or experiencing stillbirth, below are other resources that can be useful. I want to say all, but can confidently say most, of these offer services free of charge. In alpha order:

- M.I.S.S. Foundation, www.missfoundation.org- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org (International resources too)

- Still Birthday, stillbirthday.org

- String of Pearls, stringofpearlsonline.orgAnd for the families expecting anencephalic babies, www.anencephalie-info.org appears to have very good and accurate information.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Kathy Schmugge <famlifecor@...> wrote:

If possible, please refer these parents to Be Not Afraid.  They are a peer ministry outreach for parents who want to carry to term.  http://benotafraid.net/   There is complicated grief involved with these poor prenatal diagnosis when the parents have a hand in decision to terminate the life of their child.  Parents who carry to term, handle the loss of their child better. These parents need to know that!

[...]

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Sandrock <cnmnancy@...> wrote:

I need some assistance and prayers please. I work as an RN in L & D a few days a week, and am frequently in charge. A couple of weeks ago a physician sent in a pt. for an elective termination at 31 weeks due to anencephaly. Everyone knows I won't do that, and the staff working that night initially refused as well. Behind the scenes, phone calls and texts ensued and certain staff told me they didn't want to get in trouble so volunteered. Then the phone call accusing me of " intimidating " the other staff into refusing, and also accusing me of blatantly lying about their unwillingness to participate. I met with the manager after writing a risk report, and explained they had changed their mind. Obviously this is not the end as now I am being called higher up...

The other staff that night were also " Catholic " , and so my stance is also being questioned. Are there any official church statements I can print out that address this? I am on limited internet and printing right now so unable to search and print. Hopefully I will have access later.

Leaving this position is not an option as I only have very part time income as a midwife due to my NFP only stance.Thanks Sandrock, RNC-OB, APRN-CNM, MSNSent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

-- toLabor's Doula Training Workshop is coming to Santa Fe! Ask me about it.November 9-11, 2012The Organization of Labor Assistants for Birth Options & Resources

Empowering Families, Honoring Birth, Changing Lives.

There is Room for Compassion in Every Birth. It is a Civil Right. It is a Human Right.

Join the Community of Change.