RemedySpot.com

Re: hi diagnoised with RA today +naproxen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was just given naproxen 375 yesterday from my family doctor..because my knees are so swollen from inflamation...I don't feel any relief yet..does it take a while to start working, like maybe a few more days or so.

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 10:09 PM

Subject: Re: hi diagnoised with RA today

Hi Ruth,

I am new to the group. I also have RA.

I have it also in my finger joints, hips, knees and also

in my back and feet. I was recently prescribed

Vioxx for it and belive me it was working wonders,

then this stuff came up so I stopped taking it a

couple of days ago and am coming back into the

pain again tonight. Does anyone know what is

good to help this? Thanks...Joy

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 2:25 AM

Subject: hi diagnoised with RA today

HiI have been diagnoised with RA today before it wa thought I had psorisic arthritis. Anyhoooooo my finger joints are really bad at the moment, but if I can help it I would like to stay away from prescribed drugs for the time being, I have been taking naproxen etc but they didn't work so i would like to give alternative therapys a try and just wondered if anyone has tried anything or have some help and advice for me :o)ThankyouRuth

Guest guest

HI JOY

I HAVE BEEN ON NAPROXEN NOW FOR ABOUT 4YRS AND I FIND THEM VERY GOOD. IT DOES TAKE A WHILE FOR THEM TO HAVE ANY AFFECT BUT ONCE YOU START TAKING THEM REGULAR I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THEY HELP ALONG WITH THE OTHER PAINKILLERS. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 X500MG A DAY.....

TAKE CARE

LOVE

JOYCE

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest guest

Hi,

From my experience, it takes a few days for the full effect to kick in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles we overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win but the people who don't give up when they lose." ( )~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>From: pw

>Reply-Rheumatoid Arthritis >Rheumatoid Arthritis >Subject: Re: hi diagnoised with RA today +naproxen >Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:45:05 -0600 > >I was just given naproxen 375 yesterday from my family doctor..because my knees are so swollen from inflamation...I don't feel any relief yet..does it take a while to start working, like maybe a few more days or so. > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Joy > Rheumatoid Arthritis > Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 10:09 PM > Subject: Re: hi diagnoised with RA today > > > Hi Ruth, > I am new to the group. I also have RA. > I have it also in my finger joints, hips, knees and also > in my back and feet. I was recently prescribed > Vioxx for it and belive me it was working wonders, > then this stuff came up so I stopped taking it a > couple of days ago and am coming back into the > pain again tonight. Does anyone know what is > good to help this? Thanks...Joy > ----- Original Message ----- > From: SANDYLANDSEBONY > Rheumatoid Arthritis > Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 2:25 AM > Subject: hi diagnoised with RA today > > > Hi > I have been diagnoised with RA today before it wa thought I had > psorisic arthritis. Anyhoooooo my finger joints are really bad at > the moment, but if I can help it I would like to stay away from > prescribed drugs for the time being, I have been taking naproxen etc > but they didn't work so i would like to give alternative therapys a > try and just wondered if anyone has tried anything or have some help > and advice for me :o) > > Thankyou > Ruth > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for writing.

Does anyone in the group take Vioxx??? If so please

let me know. I stopped it after the things on the

news the other day, now all my pain is back, I did not

know how much pain I was in until I stopped taking the

vioxx. It is terrible. Thanks..Joy

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 2:01 PM

Subject: Re: hi diagnoised with RA today +naproxen

HI JOYI HAVE BEEN ON NAPROXEN NOW FOR ABOUT 4YRS AND I FIND THEM VERY GOOD. IT DOES TAKE A WHILE FOR THEM TO HAVE ANY AFFECT BUT ONCE YOU START TAKING THEM REGULAR I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THEY HELP ALONG WITH THE OTHER PAINKILLERS. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 X500MG A DAY.....TAKE CARELOVEJOYCEXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest guest

Hi thankyou all for replying to my post, it is just nice to know you aren't alone :o) none of my family etc have this and I know they do not understand how painful it is :o( probably as someone said 'we look normal'.

hugs ruth

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 7:01 PM

HI JOYI HAVE BEEN ON NAPROXEN NOW FOR ABOUT 4YRS AND I FIND THEM VERY GOOD. IT DOES TAKE A WHILE FOR THEM TO HAVE ANY AFFECT BUT ONCE YOU START TAKING THEM REGULAR I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THEY HELP ALONG WITH THE OTHER PAINKILLERS. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 X500MG A DAY.....TAKE CARELOVEJOYCEXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest guest

You should see or call your doc.

The media and news reporters in general can be deceiving by boiling things down to very simplistic albeit illogical conclusions. Besides that there are other COX-2s out there if you are convinced this one is not for you because of the side effect profile.

:-)

PS: At least you know it works.

COX-2 Drugs

http://www.celebrex.com/

http://www.vioxx.com/

http://www.bextra.com/

Science of COX-2

http://www.arthritis.co.za/cox.html

On 7/20/02 10:24 PM, " Joy " <jhooper@...> wrote:

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for writing.

Does anyone in the group take Vioxx??? If so please

let me know. I stopped it after the things on the

news the other day, now all my pain is back, I did not

know how much pain I was in until I stopped taking the

vioxx. It is terrible. Thanks..Joy

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 2:01 PM

HI JOY

I HAVE BEEN ON NAPROXEN NOW FOR ABOUT 4YRS AND I FIND THEM VERY GOOD. IT DOES TAKE A WHILE FOR THEM TO HAVE ANY AFFECT BUT ONCE YOU START TAKING THEM REGULAR I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THEY HELP ALONG WITH THE OTHER PAINKILLERS. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 X500MG A DAY.....

TAKE CARE

LOVE

JOYCE

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest guest

Thanks so much for sharing this information with me.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 11:56 PM

You should see or call your doc. The media and news reporters in general can be deceiving by boiling things down to very simplistic albeit illogical conclusions. Besides that there are other COX-2s out there if you are convinced this one is not for you because of the side effect profile.:-)PS: At least you know it works. COX-2 Drugshttp://www.celebrex.com/http://www.vioxx.com/http://www.bextra.com/Science of COX-2http://www.arthritis.co.za/cox.htmlOn 7/20/02 10:24 PM, "Joy" <jhooper@...> wrote:

Hi Joyce,Thanks for writing.Does anyone in the group take Vioxx??? If so pleaselet me know. I stopped it after the things on thenews the other day, now all my pain is back, I did notknow how much pain I was in until I stopped taking thevioxx. It is terrible. Thanks..Joy

----- Original Message ----- From: joyce21248@... Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 2:01 PMSubject: Re: hi diagnoised with RA today +naproxenHI JOYI HAVE BEEN ON NAPROXEN NOW FOR ABOUT 4YRS AND I FIND THEM VERY GOOD. IT DOES TAKE A WHILE FOR THEM TO HAVE ANY AFFECT BUT ONCE YOU START TAKING THEM REGULAR I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THEY HELP ALONG WITH THE OTHER PAINKILLERS. I HAVE TO TAKE 2 X500MG A DAY.....TAKE CARELOVEJOYCEXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest guest

Hi,

I am new to your group. My name is Meredith and I am 38 years old. Two years ago I was diagnosed with RA. I also have fibromyalgia. I have been lurking on this group a little while and I am impressed with how supportive you all are for each other. I am happy to be a part of this group.

I don't know what was on the news about Vioxx, but I can only tell you of my own experience with it, which is not good. I was put on Vioxx and it was almost immediate relief at first. Well, over time as my RA progressed and I got worse, my legs started swelling and especially my feet and ankles. I could not wear any of my shoes. If I walked for any length of time, my ankles looked like little footballs. My doc gave me Lasix. I took Lasix constantly. I spent my entire life in or really near a restroom at all times. No matter how much I urinated, the fluid just would not come off. Anyway, long story short, I stumbled across, quite accidentally, a post on the internet (on a group that was not even about RA) where a woman was talking about Vioxx causing swelling.

I immediately talked to my rheumatologist about this. He said that yes, in his practice he had seen a few people have this reaction to Vioxx. I got off of immediately. Within about two weeks I actually had ankles for the first time in a year. I have not had that swelling come back in my leg every since I got off the Vioxx. I would not recommend Vioxx to anyone.

Well, just my experience. I know it did help me tremendously, but only for a while, it eventually turned on me and made a bad situation worse.

Sorry so long. I am happy to be part of such a supportive group.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sincerely,

Meredith

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 12:58 PM

i just stated to take this med vioxx. what was on the news ?

Guest guest

Hello,

Vioxx and Celebrex have been found to cause heart palpatations (sp.?) and are no longer recommended for people with abnormal heart rates or who have had heart attacks. Your doctor should have told you what to look out for, or at least the pharmacist.

Take care,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles we overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win but the people who don't give up when they lose." ( )~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>i just stated to take this med vioxx. what was on the news ? MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here