RemedySpot.com

Re: my name is Jenn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

luvbugj <luvbugj@...> wrote: I was told amost 3 yrs. ago about my RA and in scared me. I not scared anymore but I need to talk to poeple or a person who knows what this feels like everyday. I am only 23 and noone esle I have meet has had this so young. I guess I am wondering f there are other people out there like me......

Guest guest

Hi Jenn,

I was diagnosed with RA at 13, I'm now 41. I do know what you are going through. When the dr. finally diagnosed me with RA after many, many years of suffering with other symptoms, my mom actually laughed at him and said isn't that an old persons disease! Even the rheumatologists back then didn't really do much for me, I was taking aspirin and that was working so they didn't really bother with me. I have since been on many, many meds and have been diagnosed also with severe spinal OA,fibromyalgia,carpal tunnel,reynauds,tmj, & costochondritis/pluerusy. Having this disease in this era is a whole different thing now, not that I would want anyone to have this ever! The rheumy's now realize that anyone at any age can get this, they figure I was born with JRA and it developed into RA. And there are a whole lot more meds and biologics that can at least stop the disease and one day maybe cure it. I'm sorry that you have been dealt this cruddy hand in life with this disease, but realize that although I'm not young anymore I have been through what you are going through. Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, rants or whines, thats what a support group is for. Also I just want you to know that even having this disease I have lead a fairly normal life. I've been married for 20 years and have 2 sons, 18 & 14. I work full time and volunteer teach religious education at our church. Its not always easy but I try not to let this disease run my life. I have this disease it does not have me!

Good Luck & God Bless, Barbara

luvbugj <luvbugj@...> wrote: I was told amost 3 yrs. ago about my RA and in scared me. I not scared anymore but I need to talk to poeple or a person who knows what this feels like everyday. I am only 23 and noone esle I have meet has had this so young. I guess I am wondering f there are other people out there like me......

Guest guest

Hello, I know how you feel. I'm (almost) 25 years old and was diagnosed with arthritis 2.5 years ago when I was 22. Feel free to email my directly if you would like to talk about your experiences.

Take care, (inflammatory/ reactive arthritis)Culpeper, VA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles we overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win but the people who don't give up when they lose." ( )~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here

Guest guest

Hi Jeean....I was diagnosed last year while having a knee

replacement-with RA. I was 34. I am on 20mg Prednisone and Kineret

injects....which I am not sure arereally working....Please feel fre to

email me at any time!!!!!!! sherri

Guest guest

Hi Jenn,

My name is . I was diagnosised with RA wen I was 14. I know what you are going through. I thought I wouldn't amount to anyting and that I'd end up alone for the rest of my life.

Well didn't happen! Just after I turned 17 I met the girl I would marry. We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next month. We have 2 great boys (8 and 5 yo). Our house is paid for. My wife is an at home mom! Life couldn't be any better. Except for the RA.

It does give me trouble, but I can't complain. I have a great life and if I can make it you can.

Hang in there. Keep a positive attitude (Very hard to do. I know)

Praying for you

-----Original Message-----From: joyce madine [mailto:joyce12342001@...] Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 7:52 AMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Re: my name is Jenn