RemedySpot.com

Re: the cycle has started

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good luck with the quitting smoking, Audrey! Sounds like you have a good plan in place with the water and carrot sticks.

There are some good online support groups you might look into. I think one I really liked was a groups one. It really helped me to be able to write in frequently. I also used Zyban and the patch. It's been almost 3.5 years now -- It's sooooo great being a nonsmoker.

A couple of my mantras that helped me were "I'm just a puff away from a pack a day" and ......hmmmmm can't remember the other one! Oh, I think it was "smoking is not an option for me." I think I knew if this quit didn't take, I would smoke the rest of my (shortened) life. I got one of those mantras from a man on a list who was dying of emphysema. He was great at helping other people.

Anyway, good luck. You'll love being a nonsmoker!

-------Original Message-------

Date: Monday, January 14, 2002 01:38:06 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: the cycle has started

hi everyone, just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who sent messages to me, i am slowly getting used to the fact i have rheumatiod arthritis, i am now trying to give up smoking( i can't afford to smoke plus it's no good for my health), i have been drinking heaps of water and eating carrot sticks to try and fight the cravings, they have not been to bad today mostly when i am on the computer or phone anyhow bye for now, i hope everyone is wellaudrey

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

In a message dated 1/14/2002 1:45:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, audreyw@... writes:

), i have been

drinking heaps of water and eating carrot sticks to try and fight the

cravings

Keep up the good work. IT's hard, I know. Have you tried the gum?

~

Mama to:

Nicolas--4 and

My Spirited 2 year old

Caleb