RemedySpot.com

RE: Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

,My understanding is that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act opens the door for HHS to mandate whatever it wants, and this is what the HHS has just done with coverage for Abortifacients, sterilization and contraception.

This law gives the Administration wide ranging power. The law, however, may not withstand the constitutional challenges and it will be very hard if not impossible for the government (for us) to pay for the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security Programs within a few years. 

A summary of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act reads:

To authorize the HHS Secretary to modify coverage of any Medicare-covered preventive

service to be consistent with U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.Fr.

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Bame <rbamer2@...> wrote:

Regarding the " Preventative Care " (aka Contraceptive Mandate) again, I am having problems finding exactly how and where contraception, sterilizations or abortions are anywhere on the USPTF List of A and B rated recommendations. As some of you may know, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force rates certain preventative screening measures on an ABC grading whereby A is the best grading to determine that a certain preventative measure is very good at preventing what it is supposed to prevent.  I went to www.whitehouse.gov and got the information that Section 2713 of the ACHA was supposed to have all A and B recommended Preventative Care items covered, but i cannot see anywhere on USPTF where contraception, sterilization or abortion are even listed as preventative care

measures.  So, to automatically include contraception, sterilizations and abortions in a preventative care mandate seems dishonest from the get-go.   Obviously the I.O.M. was involved to make it appear that there was a good medical case for inserting contraception, sterilization and abortion into a preventative care mandate.  Did the current administration fear that they wouldn't get a contraceptive mandate included on its own merit? Did they fear a backlash and so decided to simply call those items " preventative care " ?

The U.S. Bishops are calling for a Fortnight of Freedom (www.usccb.org) for the 14 days before and culminating with July 4, 2012. We will once again have the opportunity to explain why contraception, sterilization, and abortion are immoral practices for the Catholic Church, why they

are not good for women, and why they are NOT preventative care.  We will then have NFP Awareness Week coming up also to further explain why NFP is a safe, moral, ecologically sound practice which is good for women and good for families. 

Finally, as Cleta Hartman mentioned, those of us who run NFP-only practices have an opportunity to speak with people (and the press) about how the government's mandate may eventually put us out of business.  What conscience protections do we currently have that are going to allow us as private medical professionals to refrain from offering services which are MANDATED on government and all private insurance plans?

St. More, Pray for us, Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFP

InstructorPecks Family Practice, PLC1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2AOrmond Beach, FL  32174

(386) 677-2018  fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777

-- Fr. R. Vélez765 14th Ave, Apt 1San Francisco, CA 94118Website: www.newmanbiography.com

Guest guest

Thank you Father but what I am trying to point out (albeit clumsily) is that there are NO USPTF recommendations regarding contraception, sterilization and abortion -- just things like mammograms and paps, etc. are listed. If you enter "oral contraceptives" on search page of USPTF no recommendations result. Blessings, rebeccaSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Velez <jrvg98@...>Sender: Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 20:24:58 -0700< >Reply Subject: Re: Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act ,My understanding is that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act opens the door for HHS to mandate whatever it wants, and this is what the HHS has just done with coverage for Abortifacients, sterilization and contraception.This law gives the Administration wide ranging power. The law, however, may not withstand the constitutional challenges and it will be very hard if not impossible for the government (for us) to pay for the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security Programs within a few years. A summary of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act reads:To authorize the HHS Secretary to modify coverage of any Medicare-covered preventiveservice to be consistent with U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.Fr.  On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Bame <rbamer2@...> wrote: Regarding the " Preventative Care " (aka Contraceptive Mandate) again, I am having problems finding exactly how and where contraception, sterilizations or abortions are anywhere on the USPTF List of A and B rated recommendations. As some of you may know, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force rates certain preventative screening measures on an ABC grading whereby A is the best grading to determine that a certain preventative measure is very good at preventing what it is supposed to prevent.  I went to www.whitehouse.gov and got the information that Section 2713 of the ACHA was supposed to have all A and B recommended Preventative Care items covered, but i cannot see anywhere on USPTF where contraception, sterilization or abortion are even listed as preventative caremeasures.  So, to automatically include contraception, sterilizations and abortions in a preventative care mandate seems dishonest from the get-go.   Obviously the I.O.M. was involved to make it appear that there was a good medical case for inserting contraception, sterilization and abortion into a preventative care mandate.  Did the current administration fear that they wouldn't get a contraceptive mandate included on its own merit? Did they fear a backlash and so decided to simply call those items " preventative care " ? The U.S. Bishops are calling for a Fortnight of Freedom (www.usccb.org) for the 14 days before and culminating with July 4, 2012. We will once again have the opportunity to explain why contraception, sterilization, and abortion are immoral practices for the Catholic Church, why theyare not good for women, and why they are NOT preventative care.  We will then have NFP Awareness Week coming up also to further explain why NFP is a safe, moral, ecologically sound practice which is good for women and good for families.   Finally, as Cleta Hartman mentioned, those of us who run NFP-only practices have an opportunity to speak with people (and the press) about how the government's mandate may eventually put us out of business.  What conscience protections do we currently have that are going to allow us as private medical professionals to refrain from offering services which are MANDATED on government and all private insurance plans? St. More, Pray for us, Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFPInstructorPecks Family Practice, PLC1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2AOrmond Beach, FL  32174(386) 677-2018  fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777-- Fr. R. Vélez765 14th Ave, Apt 1San Francisco, CA 94118Website: www.newmanbiography.com

Guest guest

Precisely , the Administration does not want to say this, but they inshrined the authority to mandate " preventive care " with the idea of later on adding whatever they wish to the list of preventive care. Everyone thinks mammograms are fine; many would have objected to the law if sterilizations had been included under " preventive care " , thus they did not spell out their intentions. After the law was passed (shortly after) they mandated abortifacients, sterlization and contraceptives as " preventive. " This is deceptive, dishonest and unjust.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:52 AM, <rbamer2@...> wrote:

Thank you Father but what I am trying to point out (albeit clumsily) is that there are NO USPTF recommendations regarding contraception, sterilization and abortion -- just things like mammograms and paps, etc. are listed. If you enter " oral contraceptives " on search page of USPTF no recommendations result. Blessings, rebecca

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: Velez <jrvg98@...>

Sender:

Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 20:24:58 -0700< >Reply

Subject: Re: Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act

,My understanding is that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act opens the door for HHS to mandate whatever it wants, and this is what the HHS has just done with coverage for Abortifacients, sterilization and contraception.

This law gives the Administration wide ranging power. The law, however, may not withstand the constitutional challenges and it will be very hard if not impossible for the government (for us) to pay for the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security Programs within a few years. 

To authorize the HHS Secretary to modify coverage of any Medicare-covered preventive

service to be consistent with U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.Fr.

Regarding the " Preventative Care " (aka Contraceptive Mandate) again, I am having problems finding exactly how and where contraception, sterilizations or abortions are anywhere on the USPTF List of A and B rated recommendations. As some of you may know, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force rates certain preventative screening measures on an ABC grading whereby A is the best grading to determine that a certain preventative measure is very good at preventing what it is supposed to prevent.  I went to www.whitehouse.gov and got the information that Section 2713 of the ACHA was supposed to have all A and B recommended Preventative Care items covered, but i cannot see anywhere on USPTF where contraception, sterilization or abortion are even listed as preventative care

measures.  So, to automatically include contraception, sterilizations and abortions in a preventative care mandate seems dishonest from the get-go.   Obviously the I.O.M. was involved to make it appear that there was a good medical case for inserting contraception, sterilization and abortion into a preventative care mandate.  Did the current administration fear that they wouldn't get a contraceptive mandate included on its own merit? Did they fear a backlash and so decided to simply call those items " preventative care " ?

The U.S. Bishops are calling for a Fortnight of Freedom (www.usccb.org) for the 14 days before and culminating with July 4, 2012. We will once again have the opportunity to explain why contraception, sterilization, and abortion are immoral practices for the Catholic Church, why they

are not good for women, and why they are NOT preventative care.  We will then have NFP Awareness Week coming up also to further explain why NFP is a safe, moral, ecologically sound practice which is good for women and good for families. 

Finally, as Cleta Hartman mentioned, those of us who run NFP-only practices have an opportunity to speak with people (and the press) about how the government's mandate may eventually put us out of business.  What conscience protections do we currently have that are going to allow us as private medical professionals to refrain from offering services which are MANDATED on government and all private insurance plans?

St. More, Pray for us, Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFP

InstructorPecks Family Practice, PLC1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2AOrmond Beach, FL  32174

(386) 677-2018  fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777

-- Fr. R. Vélez765 14th Ave, Apt 1San Francisco, CA 94118Website: www.newmanbiography.com

Guest guest

Overall the obamacare law is an empty shell.

The rules can be filled in and made up by bureacrats as they go along, and changed frequently at their whim.

In this way, democracy is done in and replaced with dictatorship.

Obama himself has demonstrated this for all to see.

First he makes a rule that catholics must pay for contraception.

There was an outcry.

Two weeks later he changes the rule.

Still unacceptable.

But the law enables him to make up his own rules whenever he wants, and change them as quickly as him wants.

In democracy, we supposedly have a rule of law.

This comes down from Hamurabi, thousands of years BC

The alternative to rule of law is dictatorship.

In dictatorship, the law is whatever the dictator says it is, and can change from day to day.

And if it can change day to day, or week to week, there is no law, as we understand it.

It is merely the current whim of the dictator.

From: jrvg98@...Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 08:13:16 -0700Subject: Re: Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act

Precisely , the Administration does not want to say this, but they inshrined the authority to mandate "preventive care" with the idea of later on adding whatever they wish to the list of preventive care. Everyone thinks mammograms are fine; many would have objected to the law if sterilizations had been included under "preventive care", thus they did not spell out their intentions. After the law was passed (shortly after) they mandated abortifacients, sterlization and contraceptives as "preventive." This is deceptive, dishonest and unjust.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:52 AM, <rbamer2@...> wrote:

Thank you Father but what I am trying to point out (albeit clumsily) is that there are NO USPTF recommendations regarding contraception, sterilization and abortion -- just things like mammograms and paps, etc. are listed. If you enter "oral contraceptives" on search page of USPTF no recommendations result. Blessings, rebecca

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Sender:

Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 20:24:58 -0700

< >

Subject: Re: Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act

My understanding is that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act opens the door for HHS to mandate whatever it wants, and this is what the HHS has just done with coverage for Abortifacients, sterilization and contraception.

To authorize the HHS Secretary to modify coverage of any Medicare-covered preventive service to be consistent with U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.

Fr.

Regarding the "Preventative Care" (aka Contraceptive Mandate) again, I am having problems finding exactly how and where contraception, sterilizations or abortions are anywhere on the USPTF List of A and B rated recommendations. As some of you may know, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force rates certain preventative screening measures on an ABC grading whereby A is the best grading to determine that a certain preventative measure is very good at preventing what it is supposed to prevent. I went to www.whitehouse.gov and got the information that Section 2713 of the ACHA was supposed to have all A and B recommended Preventative Care items covered, but i cannot see anywhere on USPTF where contraception, sterilization or abortion are even listed as preventative care measures. So, to automatically include contraception, sterilizations and abortions in a preventative care mandate seems dishonest from the get-go.

Obviously the I.O.M. was involved to make it appear that there was a good medical case for inserting contraception, sterilization and abortion into a preventative care mandate. Did the current administration fear that they wouldn't get a contraceptive mandate included on its own merit? Did they fear a backlash and so decided to simply call those items "preventative care"?

The U.S. Bishops are calling for a Fortnight of Freedom (www.usccb.org) for the 14 days before and culminating with July 4, 2012. We will once again have the opportunity to explain why contraception, sterilization, and abortion are immoral practices for the Catholic Church, why they are not good for women, and why they are NOT preventative care. We will then have NFP Awareness Week coming up also to further explain why NFP is a safe, moral, ecologically sound practice which is good for women and good for families.

Finally, as Cleta Hartman mentioned, those of us who run NFP-only practices have an opportunity to speak with people (and the press) about how the government's mandate may eventually put us out of business. What conscience protections do we currently have that are going to allow us as private medical professionals to refrain from offering services which are MANDATED on government and all private insurance plans?

St. More, Pray for us,

Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFP Instructor

Pecks Family Practice, PLC

1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2A

Ormond Beach, FL 32174

(386) 677-2018 fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777