RemedySpot.com

Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Regarding the "Preventative Care" (aka Contraceptive Mandate) again, I am having problems finding exactly how and where contraception, sterilizations or abortions are anywhere on the USPTF List of A and B rated recommendations. As some of you may know, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force rates certain preventative screening measures on an ABC grading whereby A is the best grading to determine that a certain preventative measure is very good at preventing what it is supposed to prevent. I went to www.whitehouse.gov and got the information that Section 2713 of the ACHA was supposed to have all A and B recommended Preventative Care items covered, but i cannot see anywhere on USPTF where contraception, sterilization or abortion are even listed as preventative care

measures. So, to automatically include contraception, sterilizations and abortions in a preventative care mandate seems dishonest from the get-go. Obviously the I.O.M. was involved to make it appear that there was a good medical case for inserting contraception, sterilization and abortion into a preventative care mandate. Did the current administration fear that they wouldn't get a contraceptive mandate included on its own merit? Did they fear a backlash and so decided to simply call those items "preventative care"? The U.S. Bishops are calling for a Fortnight of Freedom (www.usccb.org) for the 14 days before and culminating with July 4, 2012. We will once again have the opportunity to explain why contraception, sterilization, and abortion are immoral practices for the Catholic Church, why they

are not good for women, and why they are NOT preventative care. We will then have NFP Awareness Week coming up also to further explain why NFP is a safe, moral, ecologically sound practice which is good for women and good for families. Finally, as Cleta Hartman mentioned, those of us who run NFP-only practices have an opportunity to speak with people (and the press) about how the government's mandate may eventually put us out of business. What conscience protections do we currently have that are going to allow us as private medical professionals to refrain from offering services which are MANDATED on government and all private insurance plans? St. More, Pray for us, Dr. Peck, MD, CCD, ABFM, Marquette NFP

InstructorPecks Family Practice, PLC1688 W Granada Blvd, Ste 2AOrmond Beach, FL 32174(386) 677-2018 fax: (386) 676-0737 cell: (386) 212-9777