RemedySpot.com

Re: Question re..Cartilage injection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

there is...but...they don't last long...i recently had a total knee replacement...and i haven't regretted it for a secong...i was up and walking the same day....in the hospital...and stringent therapy is done while you are there...used a walker for about ten days and then realizewd thaat i was carrying it more then using it.....called the doc and was allowed to give it up.....the total relief that happens after a couple of weeks when the surgery is done...is remarkable...just my two cents worth....*<))

norma

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 8:50 AM

Subject: Question re..Cartilage injection

Hello,I have been told that I need knee replacement (not much cartilage and space between the bones) but I feel like I should wait as long as possible for several reasons.Anyway my question is does anyone (or does this even exist) know or have had injections of synthetic cartilage to cushion the bones??? I'm hoping that could be an alternative.ThanksCecilia

Guest guest

Hi Cecilia,

My mother had this done not all that long ago. She had to lose weight before they would give it to her and she thought it would be the answer so she did. After a few days she noticed a major difference but unfortunately it did not last long.

All up she had relief for about 5 weeks and no more.

Since then she gave in and had both knees replaced at the one time and has not looked back.

She spent 2 weeks in hospital then came home to recover. She was back out doing the shopping and driving with-in 6 weeks.

The strange part is that she only had the knees done but the arthritis in her hands , shoulders , feet and hips has gone. The doctors can not give a medical explanation for it but have seen it numerous times before.

That is just one opinion or facts but you should look into it for your own peace of mind.

Hugs to all.

Debbie.(Australia)

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 1:50 AM

Subject: Question re..Cartilage injection

Hello,I have been told that I need knee replacement (not much cartilage and space between the bones) but I feel like I should wait as long as possible for several reasons.Anyway my question is does anyone (or does this even exist) know or have had injections of synthetic cartilage to cushion the bones??? I'm hoping that could be an alternative.ThanksCecilia