RemedySpot.com

I'm a newbie here =))

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thought I would take a moment and introduce myself - just joined yesterday. I'm 58 yo, raised 5 children as a single mom, 7 grandkids (and every one of them the most beautiful in the world - obviously <g>)), had RA symptoms at 13 yo, diagnosed at 16 yo. Have faced the normal run of drugs over lo these many years - 45 to be exact :-)) You name it, I've taken it. In '94 I started facing joint replacement & surgeries to keep my hands mobile. Both wrists are fused w/all the latest bells & whistles. Left thumb had a joint replacement, which BTW didn't work. Was fused later. Elbows have had nerve reduction. Fingers on right hand have all gone south :-)) But TG I can still use them & take care of myself. I was forced to take a medical retirement & am now on state & SSD. I live alone in this very large home that belonged to my parents. The VA built it for my father who was also afflicted w/RA. It's a wheelchair home, so that's one thing I won't have to worry about in the future :-)) I take the normal flow of scripts for RA - plaquinil, trexate, Elavil, folic acid, pain meds, predisone, neurontin (for unexplained tremors), Nexium & Wellbrutin (for the day to day depression in dealing w/this disease). Currently I'm going through lots of test to determine what's causing lots of tummy & rib pain. One test revealed I have gallstones -UGH! And another showed there is lots of calcium built-up in lymph nodes in my breast. Next is an endoscopy. UGH again.

My main passions in life are my precious grandkids (that range from 13 to 7 mos.). No *real* hobbies, but am an avid fan of Nascar (Jeff Gordon is my fav driver -;)) & hockey (Dallas Stars). I've been able to attend several Nascar races over the last 6 years. I strive daily to keep this disease from getting me to the point where I can't enjoy life. I am a list owner of several Nascar lists & have made some life long friends through them. In fact, through one of those lists, I have been blessed to meet IRL some members. We've bonded some wonderful relationships through that. Currently I'm redecorating my home. Slowly but surely, I'm getting furniture painted; antiquing picture frames, etc.

I have found over the years that humor & a positive attitude makes living w/this horrible disease a lot better. I look forward to *getting to know* some new friends here :-)))

Renae

Guest guest

Hi Renae, and welcome. My name is Marsha, mom to two girls with asthma allergies and the youngest aso has GERD or reflux.We live in South Central Texas.

I am a SAHM and work PT as a LVN at a geriatric center, weekends, nights.

This is been a very hard winter on my girls and their asthma. Sure will be glad when all the bugs die down and they quit getting sick. They use a pediatric Pulmonoligist.

Amber ,16, is on Advair 500/50 1X2, Singulair, Rhinocort and Zyrtec.

April,9 yr is on Serevent, Pulmicort Turbihlaer 2X2, Singulair, Prevacid, Zyrtec and Rhinocort. She is also on Albuterol, Atrovent tx's , Biaxin and Prelone taper for asthma flare and sinus infection. I just cannot get her well, her PP is over 2 and one half hour from here, we are treating her over the phone, but for some reason, she is still tight and barking, I just know I will have to take her to Corpus Christi tomorow. I am at my wits end here.

I look foward it getting to know you, too. Marsha

Guest guest

Renae, where are you?? We are in Yoakum, 45 miles north of Victoira.

Does your daughter stll have trouble with her asthma?? How old is her step daughter?? Does she take alot of meds?? Does she see a Pedi Pulmo??

Is it rainy where you guys are?/ Just sprinkly here and windy.

It is bad weather scattered across Texas tonite. Marsha

Guest guest

Hi Renae, I'm Helen (51) from Ohio :o)

Welcome to our list :o) You Sure do have lots of things going on with your life... I Love your positive attitude :o) That is what has kept you going all these years :o) My nephew has RA :o( He was diagnosed at the small age of 2 years old :o( He has already had many surgeries, he is 27 now :o)

I suffer from:

1-Fibromyalgia--F.M.S.

2-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome--C.F.S

3-Systematic Lupus Erthematosis--S.L.E.

4-Mitral Valve Prolapse--M.V.P.

5-Hypothyroidism

6-Hyatal Hernia

7-Acid Reflux--(Gerd)

8-Migrains

9-Poly Neuropathy

10-Osteoporosis

11-Osteoarthritis

12-Hypertention

13-Degenerative Arthritis in head,neck, shoulders,

spinal column, arms

14-Restless Leg Syndrome

15-Hypoglycymia

16-Irritable Bowel Syndrome--I.B.S.

17-Arrthymia's--- P.B.C's.---P.A.C's.---Ventricular

Tachycardia

18-Emphysema

19-Myofacial Pain Syndrome--M.P.S.

20-Polymyalgia

I have been having illnesses since I was 11 or 12... I had Rheumatic Fever and Pericarditis at the ripe old age of 17... Have been severly anemic twice, had a goiter the size of a softball, diseased gall bladder taken out, no stones, blind in left eye due to an eye accident at the ripe age of 3... Light stroke at the age of 27... I thinks that covers about everything :o) I have Three Beautiful Grand Daughters age 7 - 6 - 4 ... I too like Jeff Gordon, so does Hubby and the girls :o) He's not doing very good this year though :o( Hopefully tomorrow he will win :o)

I didn't like the endoscopy :o( It really isn't that bad, but uncomfortable... Get them gall stones out, you will feel lots better :o) What are they going to do about the calcium build up ???

I like to keep as busy as I can, but I have only two speeds left, Slow and Stop :o) So it takes a while to get things done, but get done they do :o)

Again Welcome to our group... Their are a Lot of Very nice Folks on here :o)

((( Welcoming Hugs )))

Helen

Guest guest

Hi Marsha & thanks for the welcome! Small world - I live in North Central Texas =)) My youngest daughter had asthma when she as younger & her step-daughter has it very bad. You have my sympathies. Hope to get to know you also =)

Renae

Re: I'm a newbie here =))

Hi Renae, and welcome. My name is Marsha, mom to two girls with asthma allergies and the youngest aso has GERD or reflux.We live in South Central Texas.

I am a SAHM and work PT as a LVN at a geriatric center, weekends, nights.

This is been a very hard winter on my girls and their asthma. Sure will be glad when all the bugs die down and they quit getting sick. They use a pediatric Pulmonoligist.

Amber ,16, is on Advair 500/50 1X2, Singulair, Rhinocort and Zyrtec.

April,9 yr is on Serevent, Pulmicort Turbihlaer 2X2, Singulair, Prevacid, Zyrtec and Rhinocort. She is also on Albuterol, Atrovent tx's , Biaxin and Prelone taper for asthma flare and sinus infection. I just cannot get her well, her PP is over 2 and one half hour from here, we are treating her over the phone, but for some reason, she is still tight and barking, I just know I will have to take her to Corpus Christi tomorow. I am at my wits end here.

I look foward it getting to know you, too. Marsha

Guest guest

renae-welcome and hope to get toknow you better. am so thankful you have your grandchildren. I do not have any but do have 2 dogs and a cat that fill my life with joy. take care. carol

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:26:02 -0600 "Renae" <just24294me@...> writes:

Thought I would take a moment and introduce myself - just joined yesterday. I'm 58 yo, raised 5 children as a single mom, 7 grandkids (and every one of them the most beautiful in the world - obviously <g>)), had RA symptoms at 13 yo, diagnosed at 16 yo. Have faced the normal run of drugs over lo these many years - 45 to be exact :-)) You name it, I've taken it. In '94 I started facing joint replacement & surgeries to keep my hands mobile. Both wrists are fused w/all the latest bells & whistles. Left thumb had a joint replacement, which BTW didn't work. Was fused later. Elbows have had nerve reduction. Fingers on right hand have all gone south :-)) But TG I can still use them & take care of myself. I was forced to take a medical retirement & am now on state & SSD. I live alone in this very large home that belonged to my parents. The VA built it for my father who was also afflicted w/RA. It's a wheelchair home, so that's one thing I won't have to worry about in the future :-)) I take the normal flow of scripts for RA - plaquinil, trexate, Elavil, folic acid, pain meds, predisone, neurontin (for unexplained tremors), Nexium & Wellbrutin (for the day to day depression in dealing w/this disease). Currently I'm going through lots of test to determine what's causing lots of tummy & rib pain. One test revealed I have gallstones -UGH! And another showed there is lots of calcium built-up in lymph nodes in my breast. Next is an endoscopy. UGH again.

My main passions in life are my precious grandkids (that range from 13 to 7 mos.). No *real* hobbies, but am an avid fan of Nascar (Jeff Gordon is my fav driver -;)) & hockey (Dallas Stars). I've been able to attend several Nascar races over the last 6 years. I strive daily to keep this disease from getting me to the point where I can't enjoy life. I am a list owner of several Nascar lists & have made some life long friends through them. In fact, through one of those lists, I have been blessed to meet IRL some members. We've bonded some wonderful relationships through that. Currently I'm redecorating my home. Slowly but surely, I'm getting furniture painted; antiquing picture frames, etc.

I have found over the years that humor & a positive attitude makes living w/this horrible disease a lot better. I look forward to *getting to know* some new friends here :-)))

Renae~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hi Renae,

Welcome to the list! I'm Ling from Singapore. I have type 2 diabetes and occipital neuralgia that causes headaches that do not go away.....

Please do feel free to write whenever you want to. Feel at home!

Ling

I'm a newbie here =))

Renae

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.333 / Virus Database: 187 - Release Date: 08/03/2002

Guest guest

Marsha, I'm about 35 miles SW of Ft Worth. No my daughter has outgrown the bad part of the asthma. she uses an inhaler sometimes. Not much. My step-granddaughter is nearly 10. The weather here was awful this weekend. Bad thunderstorms/lightening & flash floods. It's beautiful now though =)) Typical unpredictable Texas weather.

Renae

Re: I'm a newbie here =))

Renae, where are you?? We are in Yoakum, 45 miles north of Victoira.

Does your daughter stll have trouble with her asthma?? How old is her step daughter?? Does she take alot of meds?? Does she see a Pedi Pulmo??

Is it rainy where you guys are?/ Just sprinkly here and windy.

It is bad weather scattered across Texas tonite. Marsha~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Renae wrote: I look forward to *getting to know* some new friends here

:-)))

Hi Renae, welcome to the list. I'd like to hear what the tests reveal

about the pain in your tummy and ribs. I've had problems with pain in

my ribs over the years and so far the doctors haven't figured out what

it is. I'm glad you found this list, with your positive attitude and

dealing with RA for so many years you will be a big help for those of

us who are just begining this journey.

Chris