RemedySpot.com

Re: Depression & Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Sam

You do not have to be married to a combo that does not "serve" your purposes.

I am not sure what your previous exposure to HIV meds has been or what your resistance profile says. But many people have switched from Kaletra plus Combivir to Reyataz/Norvir+Truvada, or Atripla, or raltegravir+Truvada, etc

Also, try to get some counseling if you can. Treatment with a SSRI may also help with your depression if you need to use something to help you out a little.

Talk to your doctor about your options and about your depression. The way you feel makes you prone to lack of adherence and/or a really bad quality of life. In 2008 we should not be going through all of that.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa dot org

In a message dated 1/8/2008 8:20:49 A.M. Central Standard Time, LilDudeAla@... writes:

Hello...I been poz since Nov.95I been taking Combivir & Kaletra...and I've been doing very well on it.My VL is zero, & my CD4 count is over 600.My problem is dealing with the depression. I feel "STUCK"I'm having trouble moving forward. Every time I have to take this medicine, all it does is remindme of what I have. I have to eat it with a big meal or the meds make me feel sick afterwards,so I have been eating out for a long time..."restrants" I feel like I'm having to eat around the medication,and its getting to the point I just cant stand to EAT!Its like when people get depressed, it takes on different forms.Some people do drugs to deal with the pain, others over-eat.With me, I get so depressed, (I just can't eat.) It feels like my throat is closing up.Its getting to the point to all I do is sleep all morning, & eat 1 big meal in the afternoon "around 3pm"and maybe snack on something small late at nite. Eating to me just feels like a chore "...like cleaning the house or washing the car" ...its not fun to eat, it just feels like something I have to do. :-\Note: please dont think I'm anorexic or throughing up my food wanting to be THIN."I dont want to be thin, in fact, I cant stand it."I'm a 34 male, 5'-4" 103 lbs. I'm 20-30 lbs. under weight.I think I'm writing this to see if anyone else is depressed & having trouble with food & eating.~sam~ Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.