RemedySpot.com

Depression & Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Sam

You do not have to be married to a combo that does not "serve" your purposes.

I am not sure what your previous exposure to HIV meds has been or what your resistance profile says. But many people have switched from Kaletra plus Combivir to Reyataz/Norvir+Truvada, or Atripla, or raltegravir+Truvada, etc

Also, try to get some counseling if you can. Treatment with a SSRI may also help with your depression if you need to use something to help you out a little.

Talk to your doctor about your options and about your depression. The way you feel makes you prone to lack of adherence and/or a really bad quality of life. In 2008 we should not be going through all of that.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa dot org

In a message dated 1/8/2008 8:20:49 A.M. Central Standard Time, LilDudeAla@... writes:

Hello...I been poz since Nov.95I been taking Combivir & Kaletra...and I've been doing very well on it.My VL is zero, & my CD4 count is over 600.My problem is dealing with the depression. I feel "STUCK"I'm having trouble moving forward. Every time I have to take this medicine, all it does is remindme of what I have. I have to eat it with a big meal or the meds make me feel sick afterwards,so I have been eating out for a long time..."restrants" I feel like I'm having to eat around the medication,and its getting to the point I just cant stand to EAT!Its like when people get depressed, it takes on different forms.Some people do drugs to deal with the pain, others over-eat.With me, I get so depressed, (I just can't eat.) It feels like my throat is closing up.Its getting to the point to all I do is sleep all morning, & eat 1 big meal in the afternoon "around 3pm"and maybe snack on something small late at nite. Eating to me just feels like a chore "...like cleaning the house or washing the car" ...its not fun to eat, it just feels like something I have to do. :-\Note: please dont think I'm anorexic or throughing up my food wanting to be THIN."I dont want to be thin, in fact, I cant stand it."I'm a 34 male, 5'-4" 103 lbs. I'm 20-30 lbs. under weight.I think I'm writing this to see if anyone else is depressed & having trouble with food & eating.~sam~ Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hello...

I been poz since Nov.95

I been taking Combivir & Kaletra...and I've been doing very well on

it.

My VL is zero, & my CD4 count is over 600.

My problem is dealing with the depression. I feel " STUCK "

I'm having trouble moving forward. Every time I have to take this

medicine, all it does is remind

me of what I have. I have to eat it with a big meal or the meds make

me feel sick afterwards,

so I have been eating out for a long time... " restrants " I feel like

I'm having to eat around the medication,

and its getting to the point I just cant stand to EAT!

Its like when people get depressed, it takes on different forms.

Some people do drugs to deal with the pain, others over-eat.

With me, I get so depressed, (I just can't eat.) It feels like my

throat is closing up.

Its getting to the point to all I do is sleep all morning, & eat 1

big meal in the afternoon " around 3pm "

and maybe snack on something small late at nite. Eating to me just

feels like a chore

" ...like cleaning the house or washing the car " ...its not fun to

eat, it just feels like something I have to do. :-\

Note: please dont think I'm anorexic or throughing up my food wanting

to be THIN.

" I dont want to be thin, in fact, I cant stand it. "

I'm a 34 male, 5'-4 " 103 lbs. I'm 20-30 lbs. under weight.

I think I'm writing this to see if anyone else is depressed & having

trouble with food & eating.

~sam~

Dear :

Besides the obvious ( getting issues resolved with your partner), you may also want to talk to your doctor about Remeron. It is an antidepressant that also makes you sleepy and hungry, although some people may have a "hang over" feeling the day after taking it.

http://www.remeronsoltab.com/Authfiles/Images/292_73428.pdf

Regards, Vergelpowerusa dot org

In a message dated 1/8/2008 1:39:16 P.M. Central Standard Time, travis32824@... writes:

have trouble with sleep, eating, and with food. I have a lot going on at home in my relationship with my partenr, and when I get upset or nervous, it makes me not want to eat at all. I lose my appetite when I'm upset. I am on Ambien, and that helps. Marinol helps a little, but not much, and Marinol makes me feel stoned, so I can't take that. I could use about 25 lbs, for sure. My face is showing a shrunken, hollow look, and I don't think its all from meds.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sam, you may have said it all when you said, "My problem is dealing with the depression." That needs attention even if it isn't the cause of your not wanting to eat. Call the AIDS Foundation or other AIDS?HIV service organization to see if they have or can refer you to counseling. Your doctor may also suggest an antidepressant. Have you discussed an alternate treatment cocktail with your doctor? Something you might tolerate better.

After all that you can takle the food problem easier, or maybe it will take care of itself.

All the best to you, Steve.

Depression & Food

Hello...I been poz since Nov.95I been taking Combivir & Kaletra...and I've been doing very well on it.My VL is zero, & my CD4 count is over 600.My problem is dealing with the depression. I feel "STUCK"I'm having trouble moving forward. Every time I have to take this medicine, all it does is remindme of what I have. I have to eat it with a big meal or the meds make me feel sick afterwards,so I have been eating out for a long time..."restrants" I feel like I'm having to eat around the medication,and its getting to the point I just cant stand to EAT!Its like when people get depressed, it takes on different forms.Some people do drugs to deal with the pain, others over-eat.With me, I get so depressed, (I just can't eat.) It feels like my throat is closing up.Its getting to the point to all I do is sleep all morning, & eat 1 big meal in the afternoon "around

3pm"and maybe snack on something small late at nite. Eating to me just feels like a chore "...like cleaning the house or washing the car" ...its not fun to eat, it just feels like something I have to do. :-\Note: please dont think I'm anorexic or throughing up my food wanting to be THIN."I dont want to be thin, in fact, I cant stand it."I'm a 34 male, 5'-4" 103 lbs. I'm 20-30 lbs. under weight.I think I'm writing this to see if anyone else is depressed & having trouble with food & eating.~sam~

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

I have trouble with sleep, eating, and with food. I have a lot going on at home in my relationship with my partenr, and when I get upset or nervous, it makes me not want to eat at all. I lose my appetite when I'm upset. I am on Ambien, and that helps. Marinol helps a little, but not much, and Marinol makes me feel stoned, so I can't take that. I could use about 25 lbs, for sure. My face is showing a shrunken, hollow look, and I don't think its all from meds. Steve <simonadyjf@...> wrote: Sam, you may have said it all when you said, "My problem is dealing with the depression." That needs attention even if it isn't the cause of your not wanting to eat. Call the AIDS Foundation or other AIDS?HIV service organization to see if they have or can refer you to counseling. Your doctor may also suggest an antidepressant. Have you discussed an alternate treatment cocktail with your doctor? Something you might tolerate better. After all that you can takle the food problem easier, or maybe it will take care of itself. All the best to you, Steve. Depression & Food Hello...I been poz since Nov.95I been taking Combivir & Kaletra...and I've been doing very well on it.My VL is zero, & my CD4 count is over 600.My problem is dealing with the depression. I feel "STUCK"I'm having trouble moving forward. Every time I have to take this medicine, all it does is remindme of what I have. I have to eat it with a big meal or the meds make me feel sick afterwards,so I have been eating out for

a long time..."restrants" I feel like I'm having to eat around the medication,and its getting to the point I just cant stand to EAT!Its like when people get depressed, it takes on different forms.Some people do drugs to deal with the pain, others over-eat.With me, I get so depressed, (I just can't eat.) It feels like my throat is closing up.Its getting to the point to all I do is sleep all morning, & eat 1 big meal in the afternoon "around 3pm"and maybe snack on something small late at nite. Eating to me just feels like a chore "...like cleaning the house or washing the car" ...its not fun to eat, it just feels like something I have to do. :-\Note: please dont think I'm anorexic or throughing up my food wanting to be THIN."I dont want to be thin, in fact, I cant stand it."I'm a 34 male, 5'-4" 103 lbs. I'm 20-30 lbs. under weight.I think I'm writing this to see if anyone else is

depressed & having trouble with food & eating.~sam~ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.