RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Cocaine, pot, poppers and crystal meth did not affect people's CD4 c

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the take home message from that original article is that Duesberg was wrong. Also not a news flash: drugs don't cause AIDS. Not AZT nor recreational drugs. Indeed, they don't have any particularly deleterious impact on CD4 count. I was delighted with the article as yet another refutation for denialist horseshit.By contrast, it clearly is not a signal to say "go forth and get fucked up." As you say, , and I think ample data support it (like we need any), impaired judgment on anything from alcohol to meth to extra antidepressants can increase risky behavior and probably increase biological receptivity to infection. Not to mention that each recreational drug can have some side effects. Meth being particularly tough on the body, destroying the teeth, psychosis, etc., ad nauseam.I say stick with heroin. Or maybe the occasional LSD trip. And marijuana can be very therapeutic for nausea relief or appetite stimulation. But gack. Been there, done that, burnt the T shirt. There's lots more interesting things to do in life! M. On Jan 18, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Barrow wrote:also, my own doctor estimates that 80% of the new infections he's seeing in his South Beach office, which has a mostly gay population, is meth-related.Probably not a direct effect of the drug on the virus, but on the user's behavior and risk taking. Doubt this is a news flash to anyone here.

I think the take home message from that original article is that Duesberg was wrong. Also not a news flash: drugs don't cause AIDS. Not AZT nor recreational drugs. Indeed, they don't have any particularly deleterious impact on CD4 count. I was delighted with the article as yet another refutation for denialist horseshit.By contrast, it clearly is not a signal to say "go forth and get fucked up." As you say, , and I think ample data support it (like we need any), impaired judgment on anything from alcohol to meth to extra antidepressants can increase risky behavior and probably increase biological receptivity to infection. Not to mention that each recreational drug can have some side effects. Meth being particularly tough on the body, destroying the teeth, psychosis, etc., ad nauseam.I say stick with heroin. Or maybe the occasional LSD trip. And marijuana can be very therapeutic for nausea relief or appetite stimulation. But gack. Been there, done that, burnt the T shirt. There's lots more interesting things to do in life! M. On Jan 18, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Barrow wrote:also, my own doctor estimates that 80% of the new infections he's seeing in his South Beach office, which has a mostly gay population, is meth-related.Probably not a direct effect of the drug on the virus, but on the user's behavior and risk taking. Doubt this is a news flash to anyone here.