RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: My husbands diagnosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the information. My husband has been seeing a rheumatologist for a couple of months. This is not how I thought arthritis hit someone. I had even requested that he be tested for poisoning. It may sound rediculious, but I was extremetly frightened, and I am sure that he was too. It is terrible that I was looking at every aquaintence that had visited our home with suspicion, but the first couple of Doctors that he saw said they were puzzled, and his condition was getting worse quickly.

I was also frightened that his rheumatologist suggested that he was tested for HIV. I did not know that these symptoms (consistent with Rieters) was also consistent with AIDs. The HIV test has not been mentioned, so I assume that it came up negative.

His rheumatiod test continues to come up negative. I have recently read that some people remain sero-negative and continue to have severe symptoms, and I have seen this on the group.

Again, thanks for the response.

-------Original Message-------

Date: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:16:31 AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Re: My husbands diagnosis

a,When I got RA, it literally hit me over night. I went to bed feeling fine & woke up on Mother's Day of '01 feeling awful with excruciating pain in my shoulder, which traveled to my other shoulder, both hands, both knees & then to my feet. I basically became disabled & lived for months of excruciating pain . I'm taking: Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Darvocet, & my doctor just put me on Vioxx (I was on Ansaid, which I felt never really worked for me).Currently, I'm going through a flare up but over all, I am doing a lot better. Like your husband, I get weak & tire easily. That's normal with RA. With this disease, you realize your limitations rather quickly (the once simple task of using a hand held can opener is now extremely difficult & little old ladies zoom past me). Is your husband seeing a Rheumatologist? If not, he really should see one to get an acurate diagnosis. Keep us posted on his progress. Hugs & best wishes to both of you.Barbara