RemedySpot.com

Re:What do you answer, when people tell you: You are loosing weight!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I feel very sympathetic about fat people more than ever before. In the past I've answered Oh... I was getting too fat! and there is a silence, so maybe they think "well you must be anorexic then", but socially that's more accepted than if you say you are HIV+, so that kind of has work out for me. Does anybody have any suggestions?Well, when people make statements like that, they are inappropriate, so you may respond, from an etiquette standpoint, however you wish, as long as it's polite. I am concerned about that kind of unintended weight loss, medically. How much have you lost? Are you on medications? How is your health, over all?Mostly, have you discussed this with your doctor?JB

I feel very sympathetic about fat people more than ever before. In the past I've answered Oh... I was getting too fat! and there is a silence, so maybe they think "well you must be anorexic then", but socially that's more accepted than if you say you are HIV+, so that kind of has work out for me. Does anybody have any suggestions?Well, when people make statements like that, they are inappropriate, so you may respond, from an etiquette standpoint, however you wish, as long as it's polite. I am concerned about that kind of unintended weight loss, medically. How much have you lost? Are you on medications? How is your health, over all?Mostly, have you discussed this with your doctor?JB