RemedySpot.com

Re: Belly off program

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If only it was this easy. Not to be a downer, but I've come to the conclusion that no amount of time in the gym is really going to reverse significant visceral fat from lipodystrophy and that it isn't the same as burning off fat for an HIV- guy. For two years now, I've seen very little change from frequent intense cardio and eating clean. All I've managed to do is further drain my subcutaneous fat, which only makes things look worse instead of better. I'm left with trying to mask it by building more muscle. Hope you guys have better luck with this type of approach than I did. If anyone has any other suggestions other than liposuction, please let me know. What we need is either a medication that will combat these side effects or HIV

meds that don't cause them in the first place. Matt

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

If only it was this easy. Not to be a downer, but I've come to the conclusion that no amount of time in the gym is really going to reverse significant visceral fat from lipodystrophy and that it isn't the same as burning off fat for an HIV- guy. For two years now, I've seen very little change from frequent intense cardio and eating clean. All I've managed to do is further drain my subcutaneous fat, which only makes things look worse instead of better. I'm left with trying to mask it by building more muscle. Hope you guys have better luck with this type of approach than I did. If anyone has any other suggestions other than liposuction, please let me know. What we need is either a medication that will combat these side effects or HIV

meds that don't cause them in the first place. Matt

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I have to agree with Matt. It seems the more Cardio I do the more

peripheral fat I loose. While it may make some difference in visceral

fat, my limbs and face suffer. The gym is full of guys with visceral

fat, huge muscles, humps and bellies with drawn faces with little or no

peripheral fat. Long term benefits of cardio can't be ignored but the

toll it takes on long term poz is difficult to balance.

It's be mentioned here that more weight and perhaps a bigger waistline

relate to better meds. I don't see that in my personal life. My partner

is HIV neg, he works out and looses belly fat while NOT losing much

peripheral fat. His butt is still there, his arms and legs are not full

of veins. Many of us are eating well, living healthy, spiritually

connected and look like hell. Sorry to so negative and perhaps

dramatic, it's just what I see. I stick to long walks, long bike rides

and laps in the pool, keeping my heart rate in check so not to burn too

much fat.

>

I have to agree with Matt. It seems the more Cardio I do the more

peripheral fat I loose. While it may make some difference in visceral

fat, my limbs and face suffer. The gym is full of guys with visceral

fat, huge muscles, humps and bellies with drawn faces with little or no

peripheral fat. Long term benefits of cardio can't be ignored but the

toll it takes on long term poz is difficult to balance.

It's be mentioned here that more weight and perhaps a bigger waistline

relate to better meds. I don't see that in my personal life. My partner

is HIV neg, he works out and looses belly fat while NOT losing much

peripheral fat. His butt is still there, his arms and legs are not full

of veins. Many of us are eating well, living healthy, spiritually

connected and look like hell. Sorry to so negative and perhaps

dramatic, it's just what I see. I stick to long walks, long bike rides

and laps in the pool, keeping my heart rate in check so not to burn too

much fat.

>

Being negative and being realistic are 2 very different things. For those of us who suffer from the fat redistribution issues, it appears that one can only receive limited aesthetic benefit from certain diets and exercises. While maintaining a postive attitude is always helpful in life no matter the situation, I find many men in complete denial of the realities surrounding the fat issues. If that is what keeps these people afloat, more power to them, however, the reality of the situation is that there isnt much at this point one can do to reverse the problem. That doesnt mean that we have to become depressed and forlorn, it just means that it is another factor that needs to be faced and coped with in the best way possible. Each one of us copes differently.

Being negative and being realistic are 2 very different things. For those of us who suffer from the fat redistribution issues, it appears that one can only receive limited aesthetic benefit from certain diets and exercises. While maintaining a postive attitude is always helpful in life no matter the situation, I find many men in complete denial of the realities surrounding the fat issues. If that is what keeps these people afloat, more power to them, however, the reality of the situation is that there isnt much at this point one can do to reverse the problem. That doesnt mean that we have to become depressed and forlorn, it just means that it is another factor that needs to be faced and coped with in the best way possible. Each one of us copes differently.