RemedySpot.com

Re:Whacky Lab Values

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"My Question is..... Does anyone know the how and why my VL is low,without any intervention. I am curious why the CD4s are dropped with thelow VL numbers. Truly this is a wacky thing to figure out."I don't think anyone can explain exactly what's happening in any one patient. It is a little strange to drop to such low viral load numbers without treatment, but good luck happens.While screening for a drug trial, I was astounded to find that my own viral load in 1992, when my t cells were plummeting and health problems creeping up, was only 18,000. The relationship between Cd4 count and viral load is not direct in any mathematically precise way, though when one goes up, the other tends to go down.The key thing is to keep an eye on trends over time.JB

"My Question is..... Does anyone know the how and why my VL is low,without any intervention. I am curious why the CD4s are dropped with thelow VL numbers. Truly this is a wacky thing to figure out."I don't think anyone can explain exactly what's happening in any one patient. It is a little strange to drop to such low viral load numbers without treatment, but good luck happens.While screening for a drug trial, I was astounded to find that my own viral load in 1992, when my t cells were plummeting and health problems creeping up, was only 18,000. The relationship between Cd4 count and viral load is not direct in any mathematically precise way, though when one goes up, the other tends to go down.The key thing is to keep an eye on trends over time.JB