RemedySpot.com

Re: Special Thanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

donna, YES! I have weeks that I feel like I have the flu, but let me tell you some things I we learned about me in the last month, Let me start with exp my life. Because of my mother and stepfather health I have moved back in with them so now I take care of them and myself" I to have RA" I have quit drinking coffee, milk , the only thing I drink is water. I find on the days that I feel the worst, if I just start moving " lite house work, taking and hot bath when I first get up anything but sitting I feel better, at about 1PM it's nap time, I will rest or sleep about 2 hours and get up and move some more.I try to get out of the house I'll go for a drive, the store something anything to see life. I have found that I just feel a little better .It does nothing for my pain, but helps my head. I think that at times we feel so bad we are affriad to move, but sometimes it is the best medicen. Start slow and give yourself a chance,Oh swimmming is also good, it's like your so busy thinking about making slow ez movements that you don't think about the pain. I need to let you all know that my hands stay numb, so I sometimes try to keep it simpull and don't allways use spell check

Guest guest

Hi Donna & welcome,

I have had RA for most of my life, I'm now 40 - feel 80 most times - anyway to answer your question, YES to all of the above questions. Anytime I am stressed especially I feel worse. The heat & humidity dont really bother me as much as cold, damp rain. YUCK!! I just hate the cold! When RA acts up its called a flare, and its just like you said, you feel like you have the flu, achy & fevery, or like a hang over. One of the worst symptoms is the fatigue, augh, with the pain at least you can take something for it but there is nothing you can do for the fatigue except get plenty of rest. Go see that rheumatologist! Sorry to hear you may have this dreaded disease. Hope this helps some.

Good Luck & God Bless, Barbara

ds_avalon_2000 <ds_avalon_2000@...> wrote: Hi I been reading the posts and I am Grateful to hear that there are others as clueless as I am. Only being dignoised not to long ago with RA I have not yet got me a Rhumatoligist Dr. I had a Neurolgist and then saw A Special Rhumatoligist, but then I got in a Car accident and damaged my jaw and more discs in my spine. So I am in a law suit and fed up with all the drs they have me running to. BUT After my burst of anger at my physical therpist and then the lawyer the other day I am aloud to go see a Rhumatoligist. MY question to anyone who can answer is this...After being stressed do you get the feeling of bad fatigue and flu like feeling? and does the humidity affect you? and over excerting one self also does that make u have that flu like feeling/hung over feeling? If anyone could give me some insight i would be more then tickled, as IT is no fun feelin like crap,.. KNowing I am not alone helps me alot..and I know I will be ok..I am a fighter and I have a great outlook...been sick alot as a kid growing up and been dealing with this for years!!!!!!!!( just couldn,t get anyone to diganoise me) and drs..... SO Have a Great day all stay in a Happy Place and don,t over do it . God Bless Donna