RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Re: Can Anyone Help?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Asiegel,

I too am on mtx injections and had been doing well with it & my other meds for over a year. In January I developed a bacterial infection on the front of both of my thighs. My rheumy had no idea what it could be, so I went to my dermatologist who diagnosed it as a bacterial infection, but neither drs could figure why or where it came from except that my immune system had gotten too suppressed from the mtx. They also sent me to a hematologist just to be sure, and all those tests came back negative also. I went off the mtx for 4 months until the infection was completely healed. I was so glad to finally be able to get back on the mtx,(I had not realized how much it really was helping before) but I was also afraid that the infection would return. Thankfully it did not. My suggestion to you would be to see a dermatologist like Pam had also suggested, and maybe go off the methotrexate just to help the healing.

Good Luck & God Bless, Barbara

welshwarrior73030 <welshwarrior73030@...> wrote: Rheumatoid Arthritis From: "welshwarrior73030" Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:44:25 -0000Subject: Re: Can Anyone Help?Dear Asiegel,I am so sorry that your health is in such terrible state. I haven't any answers for you, but I do have a good listening ear. I pray you will find the doctor that you need. My children, too, are my main support (especially my daughter). Please vent when you need to,