RemedySpot.com

Re: Jaw Pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I get jaw pain periodically. It really does make eating a challenge. For me it seems to go away in a day usually. Tylenol helps some especially if I catch it before it gets bad.

Jocelyn

"Barbara <ash_belle@...>" <ash_belle@...> wrote:

Have any of you experienced jaw pain? I had it about a month or two ago. It went away after a day. Then this past Saturday, I got it again. It did not leave me until this morning. I felt yucky (I didn't check my temperature, but it felt like I had a low grade fever). My (left side) jaw was warm & a little swollen. I hardly ate for 2 days. It hurt to chew. It wasn't my teeth, nor were my gums swollen.Can RA travel to your jaw? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

unfortunately you can get RA in your jaw...

My rheumy said RA only attacks certain joints

Ie never the last joint in your fingers... but usually the nuckle.. Never the

spine apart from the top two vertibra..

Cheers

ash_belle on 17/12/2002 14:54:34

Please respond to Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

cc: (bcc: Gregg/NSW/QBE/AU)

Subject: Jaw Pain

Have any of you experienced jaw pain? I had it about a month or two

ago. It went away after a day. Then this past Saturday, I got it

again. It did not leave me until this morning. I felt yucky (I

didn't check my temperature, but it felt like I had a low grade

fever). My (left side) jaw was warm & a little swollen. I hardly

ate for 2 days. It hurt to chew. It wasn't my teeth, nor were my

gums swollen.

Can RA travel to your jaw? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Hi Barbara, My symptoms first started in my jaw. I couldn't eat any solid food for weeks! It turns out that I have rheumatoid nodules in my jaw. They hurt a lot when I first get up in the morning but get better as my AM meds kick in. Naproxen or Ibuprofen should help with the swelling.Also, the inflammation/swelling is what would give you the low-grade fever.

Take care,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Have any of you experienced jaw pain? I had it about a month or two >ago. It went away after a day. Then this past Saturday, I got it >again. It did not leave me until this morning. I felt yucky (I >didn't check my temperature, but it felt like I had a low grade >fever). My (left side) jaw was warm & a little swollen. I hardly >ate for 2 days. It hurt to chew. It wasn't my teeth, nor were my >gums swollen. > >Can RA travel to your jaw? I appreciate any help or suggestions. > > > > >