RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Brisk uptake for Lyrica as ad campaign evolves

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Eegads, I wasn't even looking at the drug itself. My main purpose in posting this here, was to provide an example so folks could better understand the strategies used to promote/market these drugs, i.e., the direct to consumer advertising, first starting with unbranded public service announcements (using "advocacy" or "support" organizations to create awareness of the "problem"), then moving on to advertising the brand,...i.e., creating a need and/or demand and then plugging a product to fill that need. I wouldn't go near that drug myself, Aasaanacat_11 <anacat_11@...> wrote: Lyrica = pregabalinhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin Why an anticonvulsant/antidepressant for fibromyalgia? Despite the name, which makes it sound like everyone who takes the drug will burst into spontaneous song, check out the adverse drug reactions associated with the use of pregabalin (from Wiki and drug website):dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbance (including blurred vision, diplopia), ataxia, dysarthria, tachycardia, depression, confusion, agitation, hallucinations, excessive salivation, sweating, flushing, rash, muscle cramp, myalgia, arthralgia, urinary incontinence, dysuria, thrombocytopenia, Kidney calculus, neutropenia, first degree heart block, hypotension, hypertension, pancreatitis, dysphagia, oliguria, rhabdomyolysis, tremor,

lethargy, memory impairment, euphoria, weight gain, constipation, dry mouth, peripheral edema, loss or decrease of libido, erectile dysfunction, myoclonus, hypoaesthesia, hyperaesthesia >> This article was sent to you by: penas7ar@...> > Message:> > (OT) the transition from unbranded to branded re pharmaceuticals in DTC> advertising> > Brisk uptake for Lyrica as ad campaign evolves> If unbranded direct-to-consumer ads in support of Pfizer's Lyrica for> fibromyalgia moved the needle on prescriptions, branded creative could> boost uptake even more.> > Read the full article here:> Brisk uptake for Lyrica as ad campaign evolves> <http://www.mmm-online.com/Brisk-uptake-for-Lyrica-as-ad-campaign-evolve> s/article/100187/>>