RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: (OT) Ron WARNING: Religious nature

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ange - as Jesus said, "we will always have the poor among us." And no one gets angry at God for allowing this to happen. Remember He told us too that He would not interfere in our lives -- that free will is what we have. That free will for the fortunate is their opportunity to save their fellow man and that they will be judged on their actions/inaction. This is not the reason I take care of a homeless Vietnam Vet whose hands are so crippled from agent orange that he cannot ever hold my hand to thank me. I relish the hug I get from his each time I give him cash. That heals my heart from the burden of autism and if there is a reason in all of this (other than the GREED/evil of

pharma), then let it be that for me. Fortunately, my brain/soul has not been so damaged by the mercury that used to be in my teeth (thank you for chelation) that I have the heart to "feel" empathy/sympathy, etc. for my fellow man. If I had lottery winnings, taking care of the homeless is all I would do. For now it is a part of my life and not a job.Forced philanthropy is no good work. I wish my wealthy relatives would take care of all the medical needs of my son. Every year at Christmas, some of them do. One family member employs my husband, another family member writes us a check. If more families took care of each other instead of uprooting and spreading everyone all over the country, there would be more families in less need of public assistance.We were one such family as my mom moved her mother into our home after a stroke and she died living with us. I loved that time that I had my

grandma with me. You just don't see this any longer.Rox Re: (OT) Ron on Larry King Live (unaired video)

Ok, I have to say, my sister and I have this same arguement. People in this country would have health insurance if they would get up off their butts and get a job. It drives me insane. I've been employed steadily all my life. I have a supervisor's position at a restaurant and I have no health insurance. I know I am not alone. This is a big problem. It seems to me the people who are lucky enough to have a job that provides health insurance are the first to assume that those of us with no insurance are just lazy. But,for those of us who work full time and have no benefits, what are we supposed to do? I can barely pay my bills so I can't afford a policy of my own and my kids are on medicaid. I wish people would stop making assumptions about the uninsured population in this country. Chrissy> >> > http://www.dailypau l.com/node/ 20050> > > > Unfortunately, this man lost me when he said that people should> not have a "right" to health care. I know, he explained that "charity"> may take care of these expenses for the less fortunate, but I doubt it> will work that well for working families who may incur fairly big> expenses, like some of ours do. Here in Canada, our "universal" health> care system could use some improvements, but it does take care of most> of the basics, which helps life be less stressful for families with> several children. And, it is not exactly "free," as all of us who are> working, pay into it, now even moreso than before.> > > > Aasa> > P.S., I still think our government here in Canada can put> healthcare dollars to better use by not providing a myriad of vaccines> for "free", and instead using those dollars to beef up other services> which are found to be lacking.> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.