RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT? PBS's Medicated Child kind of crappy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wish this had been aired next to 'supernanny', I know its a different channel. but that women can show these docs a thing or two about how to turn devastating child behaviour into positive behaviour by working on the parents AND the kids in their own individual situation. No drugs involved just a bit of common sense .

Ange

Re: OT? PBS's "Medicated Child" kind of crappy

It is airing here on the west coast right now, but I couldn't get through it. I turned it off at the part with the lazy, self-absorbed mother who had her child on 9 medications and just couldn't figure out why his head still turned (sarcasm) was on. I picked the wrong night to try to watch a show like this.. A strong slapping urge came over me-and I make a conscious effort to try not to judge ANY parent dealing with issues- but I am still disappointed.> > Diplomacy isn't always a good thing. I suppose that in film making, > > like getting political candidacy, sometimes you've got to lick a few > > of the wrong hands. Maybe the film maker had to make concessions just > > to pound home the message that these drugs increase risk of suicide > > and diabetes, etc.. I'm just tired of the luke warm half truth on all > > counts.> >>