RemedySpot.com

Re:Chromosome 16

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Interesting you just posted this. I am getting ready to go on an all out Chromosome 16 research. I just had a 2nd miscarriage. This 2nd time, the doctor did genetic testing on the pregnancy while doing the d and c. He just called yesterday and said this baby was spontaneoulsy aborted because of an additional Chromosome 16. Did a cross search for that and autism and got some studies. So now I would like to have my child's chromosome 16 tested to see what it looks like if possible. I have a 5 year old with ASD. Connection? who knows? but like you said, answering the "so what" would be great! This is a little on what I

found: Per the New England Journal of Medicine [latest publication], scientists have determined a CHROMOSOMAL GLITCH/DEFECT/VARIATION on 11% of all autistic children tested for this genetical defect. Chromosome 16! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22577335/ Revealing more gene variations

- He predicted children newly diagnosed with autism or other developmental disorders now will be tested for this defect on chromosome 16 and that studies of many more DNA samples may reveal other autism-related gene variations. Already, the findings are starting to be used to give some parents long-sought answers to burning questions: What caused autism in their child and how likely is it that any future children also would have autism, long known to run in families? “We’ve provided very compelling evidence that this particular small stretch of the genome provides an important clue to the biological roots of autism,” said lead researcher Mark J. Daly, an assistant genetics professor at Harvard Medical School and an investigator for the consortium, which includes researchers from 14 Boston-area universities and medical centers. When the biological pathways involved are figured out, scientists can try to design drugs to target chemicals in the brain to treat autism, said Geraldine Dawson, chief science officer of the advocacy group Autism Speaks. “I think chromosome 16 is now going to be a hotbed for autism research,” said Lehner, head of the genomic research branch at the National Institute of Mental Health. “It gives us a very important lead.” The researchers found a 25-gene segment of chromosome 16 was missing in five children with autism; none of their parents had the deletion. That shows that in some cases the genetic glitch is not inherited from the parents, but instead due to a random accident while an egg or sperm is being formed. ================================================ It's all fine and dandy but then explain why in the last 3 weeks of me chelating my child and all these metals coming out he has has some amazing gains! there has to be a relation because the mercury in his system was not there naturally as we all know! http://asdqueenbee.blogspot.com/ B

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.