RemedySpot.com

Interesting exchange

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My neighbor has a boy with autism (along with 2 other people on our block). Our sons were in the same class last year. The mom told me about 5-6 months ago that she was pregnant, but scared that her next child would have autism too. They are from Central America and they don’t speak fluent English (although she can understand me most of the time). Anyway, I asked the Dad yesterday if they were having a boy or a girl. He said it was a girl and I was SO happy.

A few minutes ago at the bus stop I said to the mom “you know that boys are 4 times more likely to have autism?”. She didn’t know that. I just don’t want her stressing about the baby, because it isn’t good for the immune system. I also mentioned that I would make up a list for her, so she knows what vaccines to give when.

After I closed my door I started crying because I feel like we should NOT have to live like this. Having a child should be a wonderful experience. We shouldn’t be afraid to have more children. We shouldn’t constantly be trying to figure out what we did wrong. She told me that she’s been worrying about having another child with autism since the second she knew she was pregnant.

She also told me that her son is calling the baby “” for some reason. I said, “See, means victory- that’s a sign that everything is going to be ok”.

-