RemedySpot.com

Two children die after being administered polio drops (including 1 newborn)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Debi: The "newborn" was the two-day old child, mentioned in the first three paragraphs of the artlcle. The other was a 3-year-old child, mentioned in the 3rd and 4th paragraphs. Both were girls (and from the same town, by the looks of it), and died on the same day. I'll paste those paragraphs below: Patna: Two children, including a two-day-old baby, died after being administered polio vaccines in Bihar, health officials said on Tuesday. A two-day-old girl died on Monday in Munger town, about 150 km from the state capital here, soon after she was given polio drops."My daughter died within half an hour after she was given polio drops," the girl's father Yamuna Mahto said. Mahto said he and his wife took the newborn to a government hospital for BCG vaccination but officials forcibly administered polio drops that resulted in her death. A three-year-old girl in the same town also died

Monday after she was given polio drops.Her father Ramashish Singh said his daughter was administered polio drops by hospital employees although he told them she had been brought there for treatment of cough and cold. Parents of both children have demanded strong action against the hospital officials. Debi <fightingautism@...> wrote: I didn't see anything mentioning age, I musta missed it.Why drops are being given in open sewer regions of the world is beyondme, I guess they wanna keep the polio rates

high enough to complain...>> http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1180293> > When did they start giving OPV to newborns? Aasa>