RemedySpot.com

Re: OT--Reflections on the ABC Presidential Debate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/6/2008 1:44:01 AM Central Standard Time, nikasmomma2001@... writes:

A volunteer for Obama

talked about how she goes to the beauty parlor every two weeks...well,

that's nice for her, but poor people (and people with special needs

kids) have more pressing issues. If I'm lucky, I can get my hair

trimmed once every 6 months. And a lot of people can't afford it at

all

Yes, we live in a different world, with much more pressing priorities. I never imagined this would be me but it has been ONE YEAR AND FIVE MONTHS since I have been to the beauty shop and had my hair done. Now I just pull it back in a pony tail or put it in a bun and I'm done.**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Me too. I vote for and I certinly vote for as First and foremost Lady. What an amazing woman. Maurine Muench Seidel <nikasmomma2001@...> wrote: Reflections on the ABC Debate: S. of ABC got it right when he said that did thebest in the debate. was passionate, full of vitality,yet calm. He was also the ONLY candidate to discuss poverty in atangible way. I watched the debate, after having seen yesterday'sbroadcast of PBS's NOW. On NOW,

they detailed the various campaignsapproach to getting their message out. The campaign for morethan a year now has been encouraging volunteerism, like helping atlocal food banks, by contrast, Clinton and Obama campaigns aretargeting beauty parlors and barber shops. A volunteer for Obamatalked about how she goes to the beauty parlor every two weeks...well,that's nice for her, but poor people (and people with special needskids) have more pressing issues. If I'm lucky, I can get my hairtrimmed once every 6 months. And a lot of people can't afford it atall. Tonight, talked about the people sleeping on heatinggrates and under bridges. Both Clinton and Obama seem out of touchwith that issue...and although, Clinton wanted to convince theaudience that how deeply someone feels about an issue does not impactgetting change implemented, the fact is if someone (e.g. )feels deeply about something (e.g.

healthcare, poverty, etc.), theywill fight for it, because it weighs too heavy on their soul not to. Obama did pretty good in the debate, but seemed wore out, a littleunprepared [during the first half] and stammered quite a bit. He justseemed off is game. Sitting next to (who seemed verypresidential), Obama just seemed like the "me too" tag alongcandidate. I expected more. also didn't seem to catch his stride until the second half.At times, he seemed to lose track of the flow of what was being said.Hillary Clinton lost her cool, but came back okay. She seemed to betrying to take credit for the successes in the 1990's, which wereduring her husband's presidency. As mentioned above, she didn't seemto understand the connection between really caring about an issue andgetting changes made. Then again, she just might not want tounderstand it because then she'd have to look at her own

dealings withthe pharmaceutical and insurance companies. At the 2004 Convention,President Bill Clinton talked about how we can not effectivelynegotiate with China, because we owe them so much money, saying thatyou can't negotiate with your "banker". Well, those pharmaceuticaland insurance companies are Hillary's "banker" now. To a lesserextent, Obama has a similar problem. is not beholden to thoseinterests. Finally, I had a W. Bush flash back tonight. Remember, when Bush refused to answer a question about his mistakes? Hillary was the only candidate tonight to not answer the questionabout mistakes that she had made. Another President who can't admitwhen she's wrong?!? I'm not comfortable with that.I believe is our best choice for President. If you wantto find out more, please go to: http://www.johnedwards.com/issues/Peace be with

you!--- (Autism Mom)

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.