RemedySpot.com

Re:I have a question regarding DMSA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi.... I am a Janice too!

Yes, we had wonderful reactions like you but a little different. For my Mark, he is not a mercury boy, but a 'lead' child so he has dyspraxia. He was a little dosey and spacey during our DMSA round (we just finished round 1) but the day afterwards, he is wonderful and we begin to 'see' what the DMSA has eliminated. This week it was the 'aaaaaahs' in his language, his speech has been crystal clear (very NT) and it has eliminated a lot of the attention issues. His ability to focus on his homework was marvelous. He was able to sustain attention for a couple of hours while writing a term paper (normally 1/2 hour is the most he can do). Also he insisted on typig it all on his own and demanded that I not help him. Usually he is begging for help and I am literally composing the paper. So..... it was all good. I don't know how long it will last hopefully up until the next round!

When we did our challenge, we got lucky and the effects lasted for close to 3 weeks before we saw regression again.

Now, my son is extremely high functioning and most of his remaining issues are with speech, attention and fine motor. He has no behavioural issues. He is 13 and we have done literally years and years of therapy along with diet (1 year organic and CF). So.... he has a little mercury. His blood lead level is a 9 and his chelated level is a 16. So.... bad but not too, too bad.

I know that my doctor expected the regression for he asked me how long the good behaviours lasted and was quite surprised at the length of time. We did get a rather bad attack of yeast post DMSA so I will remember to have the Candex handy next time we do a round.

I so wish I had known about this years and years ago! What my son improved in one weekend would normally amount to about 6 months in therapy!!!!! I could have saved him years if I had only known....

Well, we are getting the lead out now and that is the best I can do. It gets pretty easy to beat myself up sometimes, wishing I had known about biomed when my son was little.

Janice

Mother of Mark, 13