RemedySpot.com

Maurice Hilleman and Bernice Eddy interviews

Rate this topic

Guest guest

At the end of last year some of us watched and discussed Leonard Horowitz's video "In Lies We Trust", at least the segment where Dr. Shorter, a University of Toronto professor, interviewed Maurice Hilleman. I borrowed a copy (I believe the ONLY copy in our Toronto Public Library system) of "The Health Century", written by Dr. Shorter, which was a companion to the PBS television series by the same name. I wanted to get a copy of the book because I wanted to read what was in the book, and compare that to what was cut from the TV series, at least for the Hilleman interview. Someone at the UK JABS forum told me that they were interested in Dr. Shorter's interview with Bernice Eddy also. I am trying to forward Bernice Eddy's interview here, because it tells a very "telling" or upsetting story of how problems with vaccines get swept under the carpet (along with the "whistle-blowers" who discover them). Dr. Hilleman's

interview happens to fall on some of the same pages. I hope I can post this here, as the pdf files ended up being rather large and I was not able to post them all at once to the list member at JABS. So, I'll try to do it here in 3 parts, this being the first. A little side note here: a few days ago, while I was flipping through the book and came upon the Acknowledgments page, I was surprised to find Dr. Shorter thanking his "splendid research assistant", Kaia Toop. Kaia is my brother-in-law's sister and although I knew she was working as a "research assistant" over 20 years ago, I had no idea about what she was working on. Anyway,... Pages 67 (at the bottom) to 70 are from Chapter 3, which is entitled Adolescent Growth Pains (referring to the "Health Century") and are under the subheading, 'We Ran into a Buzz Saw on the Polio Vaccine'. Those pages outline Bernice Eddy's

contributions to finding the hot lots in Cutter's vaccines, which were not withdrawn at first, despite her evidence and warnings to her higher-ups. Pages 195 to 204 are from Chapter 7, entitled Cancer, and are under the subheading Cancer Viruses and Two Brave Women. I find it incredible that these 2 women were ignored/maligned for what they found. The scary thing, even today, is that most vaccines are NOT evaluated for the potential to cause genotoxicity and carcinogenicty, just as they were not in the 1950's and earlier. What have we learned from the last "health century"? In the case of vaccines, not too much apparently! Sadly, my attempts to send the pdf files from "The Health Century" here, failed because the files were apparently too large (although I did manage to successfully send them to at JABS forum). Any ideas on how I can overcome this glitch would be appreciated,

because it would be interesting for many of you to read about what went on with the safety testing of the polio vaccine in the mid-1950s). Aasa

aasa -if you haven't already read it-you can read a lot of this info in the book The Virus and the Vaccine. It even mentions Shorter's interviews. MaurineAasa <penas7ar@...> wrote: At the end of last year some of us watched and discussed Leonard Horowitz's video "In Lies We Trust", at least the segment where Dr. Shorter, a University of Toronto professor, interviewed Maurice Hilleman. I borrowed a copy (I believe the ONLY copy in our Toronto Public Library system) of "The Health

Century", written by Dr. Shorter, which was a companion to the PBS television series by the same name. I wanted to get a copy of the book because I wanted to read what was in the book, and compare that to what was cut from the TV series, at least for the Hilleman interview. Someone at the UK JABS forum told me that they were interested in Dr. Shorter's interview with Bernice Eddy also. I am trying to forward Bernice Eddy's interview here, because it tells a very "telling" or upsetting story of how problems with vaccines get swept under the carpet (along with the "whistle-blowers" who discover them). Dr. Hilleman's interview happens to fall on some of the same pages. I hope I can post this here, as the pdf files ended up being rather large and I was not able to post them all at once to the list member at JABS. So, I'll try to do it here in 3 parts, this being the first. A little side note here: a few days

ago, while I was flipping through the book and came upon the Acknowledgments page, I was surprised to find Dr. Shorter thanking his "splendid research assistant", Kaia Toop. Kaia is my brother-in-law's sister and although I knew she was working as a "research assistant" over 20 years ago, I had no idea about what she was working on. Anyway,... Pages 67 (at the bottom) to 70 are from Chapter 3, which is entitled Adolescent Growth Pains (referring to the "Health Century") and are under the subheading, 'We Ran into a Buzz Saw on the Polio Vaccine'. Those pages outline Bernice Eddy's contributions to finding the hot lots in Cutter's vaccines, which were not withdrawn at first, despite her evidence and warnings to her higher-ups. Pages 195 to 204 are from Chapter 7, entitled Cancer, and are under the subheading Cancer Viruses and Two Brave Women. I find it incredible that these 2 women

were ignored/maligned for what they found. The scary thing, even today, is that most vaccines are NOT evaluated for the potential to cause genotoxicity and carcinogenicty, just as they were not in the 1950's and earlier. What have we learned from the last "health century"? In the case of vaccines, not too much apparently! Sadly, my attempts to send the pdf files from "The Health Century" here, failed because the files were apparently too large (although I did manage to successfully send them to at JABS forum). Any ideas on how I can overcome this glitch would be appreciated, because it would be interesting for many of you to read about what went on with the safety testing of the polio vaccine in the mid-1950s). Aasa

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.