RemedySpot.com

Re: The Debate- McCain/Pharma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Something in the AZ Republic came to my attention two days ago which convinced me that I would not vote for McCain. I had had my suspicions about him (and another AZ Republican Senator) having been responsible for bringing Tgen to Phoenix a few years ago. As you all know, I vehemently detest this research group as they have asserted in a local paper that "just like with the DS children, parents will no longer have to have a child with autism." This remark made in front of a large group of doctors at a private conference. This answer came when a doctor posed the question about inutero testing for autism when they were on the hunt for the autism gene.So, I read about the philanthropic

work of McCain's wife, who is on the board for a charity group and Tgen this/that. McCains father died of cancer and I suppose with developed the malignant melanoma on his face, that set the Tgen wheels in motion. McCains family bucks come from an Anheuser Bush distribution company. So this story tied all of these factors together. So, no beer drinking for me and no voting for McCain.Just a reminder -- Tgen took $7.1M taxpayer money to create a for-profit pharmaceutical company (oh - sorry -- that is supposed to be SEED money for a for-profit pharmaceutical company).If any of you had to live in this state (and city) and read the nauseating daily raves about Tgen (with autism gene-related stories), you would feel as betrayed as the families in the autism community here.Rox The Debate

This was interesting. McCain made a negative comment about the control

the pharmaceutical companies have on us. Romney quickly defended them

saying something to the effect that they are not bad and have helped

us a lot. McCain shot back something like "Oh yes they are". Did

anybody catch that?

-Trish

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.