RemedySpot.com

New member..need guidance..update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hello

Thanks for the two people who replied and others who read my first post. I would like to give

an update to the group. My brother has been diagnosed to have "psoriatic arthritis". I just now

saw a post titled "there are 130 forms of PA"..have not read it completely. He has been prescribed

sulfasalazine by his rheumatologist. I would like to know, whether, anybody has any experience with

this drug. The doc has not prescribed Methotrexate yet. Is the drug sulfasalazine better than methotrexate ?

Would appreciate replies.

Warm regards and thanks for the wishes that members conveyed. Surely helps.

Sanjay

welshwarrior73030 <welshwarrior73030@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Hi Sanjay, This is . I am currently on Azulfidine EN (the enteric coated sulfasazine, it's easier on the stomach). I've been on this med since January 2000. It has several side effects: it turns your urine orange, so you need to drink 7-8 glasses of water a day to prevent toxicity of the liver. It causes stomack upset, which I take TUMS to relieve. It also takes 3-4 months until you notice any difference. I actually wasn't convinced it was making a difference until I stopped taking it for a few weeks.

Take care, (Reactive arthritis, AS & psoriasis)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles we overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win but the people who don't give up when they lose." ( )~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> hello >Thanks for the two people who replied and others who read my first post. I would like to give >an update to the group. My brother has been diagnosed to have "psoriatic arthritis". I just now >saw a post titled "there are 130 forms of PA"..have not read it completely. He has been prescribed >sulfasalazine by his rheumatologist. I would like to know, whether, anybody has any experience with >this drug. The doc has not prescribed Methotrexate yet. Is the drug sulfasalazine better than methotrexate ? >Would appreciate replies. >Warm regards and thanks for the wishes that members conveyed. Surely helps. >Sanjay > welshwarrior73030 wrote: > > > >--------------------------------- >